When Migrating the Server Name points to timebomb.relative_timebomb_days

VERIFIED WORKSFORME

Status

MailNews Core
Profile Migration
P3
normal
VERIFIED WORKSFORME
18 years ago
9 years ago

People

(Reporter: Ninoschka Baca, Assigned: dbragg)

Tracking

Trunk
x86
Windows NT

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

18 years ago
Build 1999102509M11: Win32/NT4

Overview: After deleting the registry file and migrating a POP account I don't
see any messages in the Inbox or any of the other folders. After checking the
server settings in Account Setup the following appears:

Server Name: timebomb.relative_timebomb_days

Updated

18 years ago
QA Contact: gbush → laurel

Comment 1

18 years ago
FYI -- I'm not seeing this using the same build and a POP account from nsmail-1.
Removed the registry and the previous user files before migration using 10-25
build.
(Reporter)

Comment 2

18 years ago
Difficulty reproducing the problem. Only able to reproduce it one more time.

1. This time I deleted the registry file and the user files. I tried to migrate
a pop account (qatest32) it launched the Account Wizard, I Canceled, and the
mail folders appeared. I checked the server settings and  the Server Name
referenced "timebomb".
2. I tried again by deleting the registry file and the user files, and migrating
the same account (qatest32) but I can't reproduce the problem.
3. I tried the same scenario except with another POP account and another IMAP
account. Again unable to reproduce.

Comment 3

18 years ago
While doing some testing of activation server, for which I have to edit the file
all.js in the ~\Seamonkey\defaults\prefs directory, this entry at the top of the
file caught my eye as I had seen it in this bug.
Could ProfileMigrator be reading this file in error?  Or the files got co-mixed?

my .02$


config("timebomb.relative_timebomb_days",-1);
config("timebomb.relative_timebomb_warning_days",-1);
(Assignee)

Updated

18 years ago
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
(Assignee)

Comment 4

18 years ago
I'm a little confused here.  It looks like were talking about two different
parts of the program.  There's the Profile Migration part that is ONLY run from
the Profile Manager (or in the case where there is only one profile it is run
automatically).  Then there's the Mail module's Account Setup routine.  I can't
really tell where this problem might be occuring.  I'm including Seth Spitzer on
this since he's familiar (very familiar) with both aspects.

I'm also accepting the bug for now because I want to stop getting those
reminders via email.
this is a nasty bug, since it's not always reproducable.

it smells like a memory corruption problem.  the prefs are stored in a hash
table, and if that gets stomped on, bad things, like this, could happen.

nbaca, can you still reproduce this?  I'm asking because about the time this bug
reared its ugly head, kipp found a fixed some nasty memory corruption problems.

I'll try to reproduce it too.
(Reporter)

Comment 6

18 years ago
Build 1999110108M11: Win32/NT4
Unable to reproduce the problem with this build. I've deleted the registry and
user files several times. When the program launches I see the Profile Manager,
select the account (qatest20), the migration progress window appears and
eventually Mail launches showing "qatest20" as an account in folder pane.
(Assignee)

Updated

18 years ago
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 18 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
(Assignee)

Comment 7

18 years ago
Well, seeing as how this all seems to be working correctly I'm going to mark it
WORKSFORME.  Any objections, please just reopen it.

Updated

18 years ago
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED

Comment 8

18 years ago
Well, since I never did see this and last word is nbaca can't reproduce, I'm
marking this verified.
Product: MailNews → Core
Product: Core → MailNews Core
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.