Open Bug 1728676 Opened 2 years ago Updated 2 years ago
Table interfaces broken/not exposed when table roles used in SVG
(Core :: Disability Access APIs, defect)
(Reporter: Jamie, Unassigned)
(Blocks 3 open bugs,
Originally filed as NVDA issue: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/12767
STR (with the NVDA screen reader):
- Visit https://cdpn.io/aardrian/debug/xxqYyaa
- Press 2 to navigate to the heading "3. SVG with Table Roles".
- Press T to navigate to the table that immediately follows that heading.
- Navigate into the table and then move among cells using Ctrl + Alt + arrow key.
- Actual behavior: NVDA reports "Not in a table cell".
- Expected behavior: I can navigate the SVG as any other well-formed HTML table.
I investigated this briefly. The IAccessibleTable and IAccessibleTable2 interfaces are exposed on the table, but calling nRows, nColumns, etc. returns CO_E_OBJNOTCONNECTED. On the cells, the IAccessibleTableCell interface isn't exposed at all.
I'm not sure whether this is Windows specific or not; I haven't dug into that.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.