Closed Bug 1739604 Opened 2 years ago Closed 2 years ago
The PIP is not set as "Always on top" by default in wayland
(Core :: Widget: Gtk, defect)
RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 1621261
(Reporter: danibodea, Unassigned)
(Blocks 2 open bugs)
- When the user opens the browser with wayland window manager, loads a yourtube video and clicks the "Watch in Picture-in-Picture" button and moves another window over it, he will notice that the PIP is not set as "Always on top" by default.
- Nightly v96.0a1
- Ubuntu 21 + wayland
Steps to reproduce
- Launch browser with wayland window manager:
a. Go into the nightly folder.
b. Right-click and "Open in Terminal".
- Load https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXr8Rb97nIk
- Click the "Watch in Picture-in-Picture" button.
- Move any other window over it.
- The PIP video is displayed on top of any other window.
- The PIP video is left in the background of other windows.
- This issue occurs with "wayland" Window Protocol and not with "xwayland".
2 years ago
Duplicate of bug 1621261
2 years ago•
Applications can't make themselves "always on top" on Wayland. Only the user can do it manually by right click.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 2 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.