User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.2a; MultiZilla v1.1.23) Gecko/20020910 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.2a; MultiZilla v1.1.23) Gecko/20020910 After I said OK to the latest build this morning, (today is 10-15-02) and restarted MultiZilla. There is a large 'bar' (about an inch and a half thick) that appears at the bottom of my screen with the following red text: <menuitem id="qpm_BlockPopups" label="&cookieBlockPopupsCmd.label;" ----------------------------------------------------^ I am using BannerBlind... perhaps this menu item is related to this Add-On? Additionally, I have "Open Unrequested Windows" option unchecked in my preferences. If you send me an email, I can send you a screen shot. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. All I did was say OK to install the latest build. 2. 3.
See bug 130331
*** Bug 174745 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
The common factor here seems to be multizilla...
This doesn't sound like a build issue. -> XP Apps
This has occurred to my new install. I am running an XPSP1 box with latest hotfixes and patches. When I upgraded from Mozilla 1.2a to 1.2.1 the bottom of the browser was extended 5 lines below the status bar and red text appeared there. In my case the text is: <menuitem id="view_gg_menuitem" --^ When I open the preferences the window has the same problem but the text reads: <treecell class="treecell-indent" --------^ No other windows opened by Mozilla appear affected [Mail & Newsgroups,Download Manager,Address Book,Composer].
It's just the same as bug 168387. I was able to reproduce it on my Mozilla 1.3a, but I don't know why. It happend, when I started Mozilla in the same configuration as since I've installed it. Maybe it's important, that I have unchecked the "Open Unrequested Windows" option, too. It happens in every window of any Mozilla-application, and in my case, the text is always the same: <menuitem position="5" label="&venkmanCmd.label;" --^ This text can't be selected.
Got sames symptoms than "Dan Philpott" (Comment #6) but I'm under W2K with SP3 and I use Mozilla 1.3 (installed on a 1.2.1). Another clue : I've this problem with a NEW profile (created after the installation) but NOT with my "migrated" profile (in all these cases, I start Mozilla with the concerned profile). BUT strange thing : when I start Mozilla with my "migrated" profile AND use "Switch Profile" to use the NEW profile, the bug doesn't appear !
Got exactly the same Problem as Simon Schindlmayr (Comment #7) does. Ive installed the 1.3 release of stable mozilla on my xp box (all hotfixes and sp's), then i tried several times to install the German language pack because it didn't seem to work out the first times and some restarts later i had that extra lines at the bottom of my browser, also saying "<menuitem position="5" label="&venkmanCmd.label;" --^" and also not markable, but i think that it started some times correctly after having installed this language packed, like 3 or 4 times, and then suddenly it was damaged. just to let you know... regards, david.
unable to reproduce with stock Mozilla builds. Sounds like a problem with particular extensions or language packs. Not a Mozilla bug.