.com] The autofill dropdown is not triggered and the autofill functionality is not working for Address 1 and Email fields
(Toolkit :: Form Autofill, defect, P3)
(Reporter: alin.ilea, Unassigned)
(Blocks 2 open bugs,
446.67 KB, video/mp4
369.31 KB, video/mp4
2.05 MB, video/mp4
Nightly 98.a1, Beta 97 and Release 96
extensions.formautofill.addresses.enabled - true
download latest Firefox Nightly with region locale
have a complete address already saved in about:preferences#privacy
Steps to reproduce:
- Reach the address form on thebay.com
- Using the autofill feature, select any saved address entry.
- Click in the Address 1/Email fields.
- All the fields should be successfully autofilled.
- The address autofill dropdown should be displayed for all fields.
- The Address 1/Email fields are not autofilled. Note that there is an address 2 (optional) field that works correctly and it displays the second and third line from the street address in about:preferences. The main street is not displayed as expected in Address 1 field.
- The address autofill dropdown is not displayed for Address 1/ Email fields.
Reproducible on Chrome: Partially. In Chrome the Address 1 and Email fields are also not autofilled, but both fields (Address 1 and Email) successfully trigger the autofill dropdown and can be autofilled by selecting a value from their dropdown.
For the Clear Form option that is not displayed in the autofill dropdown see bug 1753710.
1 year ago
1 year ago
One issue is that the address 1 field has an autocomplete = "off". The other issue is that when we call
getInfo with the email field, we aren't getting an address type associated with this email. All the other fields (that work) have addressType: "shipping" so they all get consolidated into the same section while email falls out. I guess we either have to update our matching in the
getInfo function or update the low level
getAutocompleteInfo function so that it can make that determination. Most likely it's something we're going to have to do in
getInfo and not
getAutocompleteInfo because there's no autocomplete attribute associated with this email field.
1 year ago
Tested again in Beta 103.0b1 and the latest Nightly 104.0a1 and the following behavior is present now: Address 1 and Email Address fields are still not autofiled, but both fields (Address 1 and Email) successfully trigger the autofill dropdown and can be autofilled by selecting a value from their dropdown (as in Chrome). Somehow those two fields seems to be separate from the others. If there is another root cause for this issue, just let me know and I'll log a new bug for it.