Spellcheck Bug: Without warning or apparent cause, and after months of working fine, the spellchecker began skipping right to "No Misspelled words found" - even though there were definitely misspelled words. I even added more misspellings, and tested several more times, just to be sure. Then I upgraded from Mozilla v1.2a to v1.2b - and now I get the following message each time I invoke the spellchecker: "The procedure entry point ??1nsAVLTree@@QAE@XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library xpcom.dll." I checked for xpcom.dll, and it is indeed present in: C:\PROGRAM FILES\mozilla.org\Mozilla. I then completely uninstalled Mozilla and reinstalled v1.2b - but the problem is unchanged. I also noticed that under "Preferences: Appearance, Languages/Content" there are two messages that say "English (US) (needs update)", and also "US Region (needs update)". I tried to update these from the Mozilla web site but was not successful. I hypothesize that initially the dictionary files may have been deleted, or just made not accessible to the spellchecker. But now there must be something in the registry that's preventing me from doing a clean uninstall/reinstall.
Reporter, try removing the file components/compreg.dat (it will be rebuild).
this can't be a blocker. This bug is invalid because spellhecker must update to follow the trunk changes and since spellchecker is a third-party tool -> invalid BTW: Mozilla doesn't use the windows registry (only for System integration) and AFAIK there is no updated spellchecker for 1.2x
Severity: blocker → major
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 16 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.