This refactors quick suggest telemetry tests. My goal is to make it really
simple to add tests for new types of suggestions, like dynamic Wikipedia and
I've split browser_quicksuggest_telemetry.js into different files, one per
suggestion type: sponsored, nonsponsored, and dynamic Wikipedia. I'm working on
a new file for weather in bug 1804536. There are two other files for other
telemetry that isn't primary or core telemetry. (In the patch, I cp'ed
browser_quicksuggest_telemetry.js to these two new files,
browser_telemetry_other.js and browser_telemetry_impressionEdgeCases.js.)
I named the new files browser_telemetry_foo.js. I don't think it's important to
keep the "quicksuggest" in their names because they're already in the
quicksuggest directory and these file names were starting to get long.
I added some automated telemetry helpers to head.js. They can be used to
declaratively define the primary telemetry that's expected for a particular
suggestion. The helpers automatically check all types of primary telemetry for
the suggestion: impression, click, help, and block. When we add new suggestion
type, we can add a new file that uses these helpers, and hopefully it should be
I also removed some tasks that in hindsight aren't important and/or are covered
by other tasks/tests.
All the changes from
https in this revision are due to lint.
Depends on D162253