headers were modified after moving messages from one IMAP account to another

RESOLVED EXPIRED

Status

--
major
RESOLVED EXPIRED
16 years ago
10 years ago

People

(Reporter: sgaerner, Assigned: Bienvenu)

Tracking

Trunk
x86
Linux

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

16 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20021212
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20021212

I created 2 IMAP accounts in Mozilla, one with a plain IMAP connection (port
143) and the other with a SSL IMAP connection (port 993). Then I moved all
messages from two folders of the SSL IMAP account to the plain IMAP account.
A lots of messages on the plain IMAP account seems to be modified. The messages
only were sent to one email address so the CC: header should not contain any
addresses but it contains a list of addresses that were used in another email.
I also looked at the same emails from a webmail program and the result is the
same so it is obviously not a display problem.

Reproducible: Didn't try

Steps to Reproduce:
1. 2 IMAP accounts (one plain, one SSL)
2. be sure to have messages with only one email address in To: and no CC: field
   and other emails with To: and CC: filled with addresses
3. move all messages from one folder of the SSL account to the plain account



Expected Results:  
some emails without CC: should contain CC: headers

I think if one message contains To: and CC: and the next message contains only
To:  the CC: field is written with the contents of the previous message. Without
having any look into the source I think it might be that a buffer is not
cleared. (That is just a quick shoot, there is no need to trust it. ;-))
Product: MailNews → Core
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01".

This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that
bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are
highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code.

While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we
are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce
this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a
copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and
you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug
(given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more
reproduction information if you have it.

If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not
changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved.
Thank you for your help in this matter.

The latest beta releases can be obtained from:
Firefox:     http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/
Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html
Seamonkey:   http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above
comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
Product: Core → MailNews Core
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.