Some patches and smaller corrections for tinderbox2

RESOLVED FIXED

Status

--
enhancement
RESOLVED FIXED
16 years ago
4 years ago

People

(Reporter: dominik.stadler, Assigned: kestes)

Tracking

Details

Attachments

(6 attachments)

(Reporter)

Description

16 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.3b) Gecko/20021218
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.3b) Gecko/20021218

I have setup the tinderbox2 system and have found a bunch of smaller corrections
to files that I would like to post here and propose for inclusion.

I will add a number of attachments with the changes I made.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
(Reporter)

Comment 1

16 years ago
Created attachment 111166 [details] [diff] [review]
Addnote.cgi: add missing library

This patch adds the library TinderHeader that is reported missing when running
addnote.cgi.
(Reporter)

Comment 2

16 years ago
Created attachment 111168 [details] [diff] [review]
processmail_bugs: Add our Bugzilla-format to the bugzilla-integration

We have a bugzilla installation "Bugzilla Version 2.8" taken from RedHat that
is using Oracle in the background. There bugzilla-mails look different, I have
added a new section to parse this format correctly.
(Reporter)

Comment 3

16 years ago
Created attachment 111174 [details] [diff] [review]
HTMLPopUp.pm: this lib can be called by modules in Taint-Mode, observe this when calling system

We got an error when using regenrate.cgi because system() needs to be handled
specially if running in taint-mode.
(Reporter)

Comment 4

16 years ago
Created attachment 111175 [details] [diff] [review]
Summaries.diff: Change generated HTML to at least contain <HTML>, <HEAD> and <BODY> tags

We had problems displaying some of the generated pages on Mozilla because the
generated HTML was missing some important tags.
(Reporter)

Comment 5

16 years ago
Created attachment 111176 [details] [diff] [review]
BT_Generic.pm: Add missing library BTData
(Reporter)

Comment 6

16 years ago
Created attachment 111177 [details] [diff] [review]
BuildStatus.pm: correct typos

"Number" instead of "Nuber" and make all descriptions start with uppercase.
(Assignee)

Comment 7

16 years ago
I am having trouble applying these patches.  The file separator appears to be
'\' not a forward slash. Also I get errors like 

patch: **** malformed patch at line 4:    my ($index_file) =
FileStructure::get_filename($tree,'index');

So I had to apply these patches by hand.Please check the HTML
which was a bit complex to patch by hand and I may have introduced a typo.

How did you find the HTML issues? Was this causing problems for a browser?

They are fine.  I have a question about the patch to add path to PopUp.pm
I would rather make sure that the calling code always calls 
sub set_static_vars in Utils.pm. This preference is mostly that I want all the
taint perl stuff to be in one place (deleting dangerous global variables etc)

Do you remember how you found this?
What path causes this code to be run without the path being set.  I suspect
the real problem is in regenerate.cgi.

Why do you think Addnote.cgi: is missing library TinderHeader?
I see no calls which use headers and the notices are DB's not Headers.

Thanks for some nice work!

Ken
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 16 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
(Reporter)

Comment 8

16 years ago
Hmm, I created the patches on Windows using cygwin "diff", next time I'll stick
to Unix, sorry for the additional work.

Thanks for applying the patches, here are some comments for your questions:

The HTML was actually causing problems with a current Mozilla build. On the main
page only the part with "Select the tree" was visible, not "Administrate"
neither the "Project Managements Summary Pages". I just discovered this because
IE displayed more contents than Mozilla for the same generated index.html.

The problem in HTMLPopUp.pm with the call to system was caused by "regenerate
this page" (regenerate.cgi) which returned without actually rebuilding the pages
because the call to "system" was not performed for security reasons.

We added TinderHeader to addnote.cgi because one of the libraries loaded in
addnote.cgi requires it, if I remember correctly some of the DB-related stuff (I
can look this up when I return to work tomorrow.). When we added TinderHeader.pm
to this library directly, some other error was reported. This came up because
"Add note to this tree" did not work correctly.
QA Contact: kestes → tinderbox2
Product: Webtools → Webtools Graveyard
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.