User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20021207 Phoenix/0.5 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20021207 Phoenix/0.5 I ran the junk filtering on a very large amount of messages. Perhaps 1000 or so. As it ran, it continued to eat up more and more memory, instead of doing a bit first, then freeing memory, then a bit more. While I ran, the UI also said "Done" but the status bar went wildly from empty to full green. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: Select 1000 or so messages, run Tools / Run Junk Mail controls, notice it says Done but is obviously doing something still Actual Results: Just keeps saying Done, appears to eat up memory over time, doesn't give back until process is over. Expected Results: Say "Determining Junk Mail..." and do some garbage collection here and there to minimize memory usage I love the concept
Rob Hughes, is this bug still an issue for you with current builds of Mozilla (1.3 Final or 1.4)?
The behavior is still strange with 1.4 RC3. I am running junk mail controls on my whole in-box of 6111 at the moment and the little green status bar keeps starting and stopping, and doesn't give a clear indication of where we are at. Although, it no longer says "Done". Why not give a count of where it's at going through the selected messages "...processing 341 of 6111" I can't believe someone removed the Tools/Mark Selected Messages as Junk. Now I have to do it manually per message? God help me.
"I can't believe someone removed the Tools/Mark Selected Messages as Junk." Ah, I can just hit the "Junk" button and that works. However, my comment about the strange GUI behaviour for running large Junk Mail checks still stands.
See bug 194949 for reference.
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.