Version reporting seems screwy. http://www.mozilla.org/start/ says I need to upgrade

RESOLVED FIXED

Status

RESOLVED FIXED
16 years ago
13 years ago

People

(Reporter: bandit_109, Assigned: asa)

Tracking

Trunk
x86
Linux

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(URL)

(Reporter)

Description

16 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.4) Gecko/20011022 Netscape6/6.2
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.4) Gecko/20011022 Netscape6/6.2

I uninstalled mozilla, then I installed 1.3a and when I went to
http://www.mozilla.org/start/ it says I have a security vulnerability and should
update to 1.3a

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1. uninstall old mozilla
2. install 1.3a
3. go to http://www.mozilla.org/start/

Actual Results:  
page says I need to update to 1.3a

Expected Results:  
Say I have the latest version
I encountered this problem. You need to change the symlinks that point to the
old version -- update them to point to the new version's directory. Otherwise
the old version gets called -- it is a upgrade problem; not a browser problem.

If you need more information, just say so =) I am going to get on my version of
linux and get more info on this in a bit.

Updated

16 years ago
OS: Windows 2000 → Linux
Are you spoofing your useragent?  That's what it looks like based on what
bugzilla detected your browser as....
(Reporter)

Comment 3

16 years ago
Nope, I did not do anything to the useragent. I am running on windows 2k.
(Reporter)

Comment 4

16 years ago
Here is what my help file says

Mozilla 1.1

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.1) Gecko/20020826
So.. if your mozilla says it's 1.1, then indeed you should upgrade (to 1.2.1, at
least) as far as the website is concerned....
(Reporter)

Comment 6

16 years ago
I rebooted. Uninstalled a re-install, and then deleted the original folder which
seemed to still be there. Did a search for any copies (none found) and then
rebooted again. Finally I re-installed 1.3a and it seemed to start up on that
version. For some reason I suppose the previous uninstall was refusing to work
correctly. Well, that's what I get for using Windows.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 16 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Product: Browser → Seamonkey
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.