User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.3b) Gecko/20030210 When i try to send a message, it don't work. It worked fine with rev 1.3a(no change in the config). I tried to create a new profil with only the smtp server (no pop or imap server) and the results are the same: fine with 1.3a, error with 1.3b Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1.configure SMTP server (mail-france-nord.si.c-s.fr for me) 2.compose a message 3.clic on send Actual Results: error message appears instantly: Sending of message failed. The message could not be sent because connecting to SMTP server mail-france- nord.si.c-s.fr failed. The server may be unavailable........etc Expected Results: sending of message The first time i tried with 1.3b, i got the error and i looked in the preferences. The port number in the SMTP server configuration screen where empty. I filled it with the correct number (25) but it still dont worked. When i install rev 1.3a it works, when i install rev 1.3b it don't work, When i install rev 1.3a it works, when i install rev 1.3b it don't work .... and so on (and absolutly no change of the preferences between each try)
Do you have access to a different smtp server? Can anyone suggest one (e-mail it to the reporter)?
I do not have access to another SMTP server because I am behind a firewall. I can't read my personal mails with a mail reader from my office. At home I have an iMac which runs Mac OS X 10.2.3 On it I alternatively use Mozilla, Chimera and Safari for browsing , but i do not use the mail client of mozilla. But I will try soon.
I get the same problem, running 1.3b in Windows XP. (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.3b) Gecko/20030210) The settings for my mailserver (blancher.net) are correct--they match those that I have set up in Outlook Express, and sending a message with that works fine. Mozmail keeps giving the error "Sending of message failed." Reverting back to 1.3a fixes the problem. The only thing that looks odd to me is that in the Advanced menu for the Outgoing SMTP server there are apparently two entries for my SMTP server, and both of them are labeled as Default, so I cannot remove either of them.
I just upgraded to 1.3 (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.3) Gecko/20030312), and the problem still exists (sending to SMTP server blancher.net). I tried a different mail server (mail.vt.edu) and I could send fine. I can't use the vt.edu mail server since I'm no longer part of that domain, and can only send to addresses with that domain. The problem leads me to believe that my mailserver is broken, or Mozilla Mail doesn't like it. Is there any way to log the SMTP connection? That would probably help me figure out what's going wrong...
Created attachment 117233 [details] SMTP log showing problem This is the SMTP log for when I try to send mail from Mozilla. It appears that MozMail is resetting to the initial state and not recognizing the responses from my mail server. Notice that each response from the mail server is terminated by a ^M character; that may be what's causing the problem.
Created attachment 117235 [details] SMTP log of healthy connection (from 1.3a) This shows that the sever (blancher.net) does indeed work under 1.3a (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20021212)
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.