User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20021130 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20021130 1) I have a local mail server on IP=192.168.168.5. If I use this IP addr as the mail server name, everything works fine under all conditions below. ----------------- 2) If instead, I use mail server name <mail.mehaffey.us> (so DNS has to operate to retrieve mail from 192.168.168.5) then when ONE mail window is open, everything works fine. ------------------- 3) If instead, I have the same setup as in #2, but open MULTIPLE <say 3> mail windows in Moz 1.2.1, then I cannot RELIABLY retrieve mail until I close all but one window and then I can get the mail. (Reliably means MOST of the time it does not work but sometimes it does. Maybe this is some sort of timing problem when multiple windows are open. Reproducible: Sometimes Steps to Reproduce: 1. Set up local mail server to use remote DNS server at http://www.dyndns.org 2. Have some mail waiting on the local (Merak/Icewarp) mail server with mail server name=mail.mehaffey.us 3. Open 6 mail windows in Mozilla 1.2.1, click "get mail" in one of them. In the above case, the problem always appears on my system. Actual Results: The crosshatched "I'm busy" bar appears at the bottom/right of the mail window, but no mail appears, and there is no message saying that there is no mail. The "busy bar" goes away after a few seconds. Expected Results: Get the new mail waiting on the server. It would be very nice to be able to PREVENT opening more than one mail window at a time. Extra mail windows normally just "spawn" and actually get in my way.
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.