cr are converted to nl in pdf attachments

RESOLVED EXPIRED

Status

MailNews Core
Attachments
RESOLVED EXPIRED
15 years ago
10 years ago

People

(Reporter: Wolfgang Zuleger, Assigned: Scott MacGregor)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

15 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; de-AT; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20021130
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; de-AT; rv:1.2.1) Gecko/20021130

When attaching pdf documnts in mails, the cr characters are converted to nl.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.Attaching a pdf file to a mail
2.Saving this mail to the drafts folder.
3.When you save this attachement to a file and compare it with the original, you
will see, that the cr's are converted to nl's.

Actual Results:  
The cr's are converted to nl's.

Expected Results:  
Pdf files should be traded as binary files.
Actually, PDF files are _not_ binary files, in that changing the line ending
encoding does not affect them.... 

But we should not be changing line endings in any attachments no matter what. 
that said, I can't reproduce this with a current Linux trunk build....

Comment 2

15 years ago
Actually, PDF files _are_ binary. PS files are ascii.
(Reporter)

Comment 3

15 years ago
Now I've got the reason for this behaviour. Some weeks ago, I received a message
with an attachement of the type text/pdf. I delared acroread as helper
application for that type. Now as I discovered this, I changed the type to
application/pdf and everything worked as it should.

B.t.w., PDF is really a binary format. It has large binary components between
parts that look like text.
Product: MailNews → Core
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01".

This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that
bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are
highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code.

While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we
are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce
this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a
copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and
you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug
(given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more
reproduction information if you have it.

If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not
changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved.
Thank you for your help in this matter.

The latest beta releases can be obtained from:
Firefox:     http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/
Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html
Seamonkey:   http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above
comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 12 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED

Comment 6

12 years ago
This is IMO a dup of bug 142517.
Product: Core → MailNews Core
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.