User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.3b) Gecko/20030210 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.3b) Gecko/20030210 I think that the search ahead find feature for searching URLs in pages is excellent. But I have found, especially with this 1.3 beta that it sometimes seems to switch modes and find individual characters. If I type at a moderate speed something like the words 'moderate' over a page that has all the words in this description in it it will land first on 'sometimes', then 'to' then 'modes' then 'modes' again with just the 'e' highlighted, etc.. In other words it seems to switch from constructing larger and larger search strings as I add characters to simply searching for the next occurance of each character as I type. I haven't found any commonality about pages or situations in which this occurs. Most disturbingly it seems to come and go. For a few minutes it will work fine, then switch to the error mode I described above for a few minutes, then switch back. I'm probably doings something (closing tabbed windows, switching from pages containing frames to pages not containing frames, etc..) that is causing this to happen or not happen, but I haven't yet worked out the pattern. I am suprised that this hasn't been reported before. Reproducible: Sometimes Steps to Reproduce: see details Actual Results: see details Expected Results: see details
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 190555 ***
vfry'ing as dup.