User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20021212 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20021212 I am using right now the 1.3a version. I tried to upgrade to 1.3, but my fonts became weird, for example, I use verdana, arial and other true type on my CSS file. Now its working good, looks ok, but when changing to 1.3 they change. I noticed that GIMP "sees" the font as verdana (microsoft) for example, and it seems 1.3 dont recognize it as just verdana. The themes also looks different, "bolder" than the normal. Using right now the AquaMoz and looks very good, but when upgrading to 1.3 it goes "bolder" again, and becomes very "heavy", visually speaking. These facts happens when trying to upgrade to the 1.3b version also. I had to downgrade again to 1.3a to properly see my websites the way it should looks like. Using RH 8.0 here. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1.Create a CSS file with some verdana and arial fonts and make a HTML using it. 2.Open it with 1.3a 3.Open it with 1.3 Actual Results: Looks bolder & heavier. Expected Results: Stay on the same way it was on the 1.3a version.
I'm assuming you're using the RH8 RPM (PLEASE say what exact build you're using when reporting bugs!)
Assignee: font → blizzard
Yes, just downloaded the 1.3 RPM release today. And when using the 1.3b it was installed with RPM packages too.
And it is not Xft or Gtk2 rpms?
Its the gtk2 rpms. Will try to install the xft now.
Gtk2 RPMs include Xft, too.
I just installed the XFT and still the same. Back to the 1.3a. :-)
Hey, I noticed that a 1.4a version is available ... is just with me that this bug is happening? I saw that it still is as UNCONFIRMED ...
Hi Eustaquio Are you able to confirm if this is still an issue with a recent version of Mozilla? If I can reproduce this on my system I'll mark it as "confirmed" Thanks
> Hi Eustaquio Hello there. > Are you able to confirm if this is still an issue with a recent version of Mozilla? > If I can reproduce this on my system I'll mark it as "confirmed" Sorry, I'm not using the same browser (Firefox now) or even the same distro (Slackware now). But if you want I can install Mozilla and check about the bug with this configuration.
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 12 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
No specific bug / patch referenced as the fix. -> WORKSFORME
Status: RESOLVED → UNCONFIRMED
Resolution: FIXED → ---
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 12 years ago → 12 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.