User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.3.1) Gecko/20030425 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.3.1) Gecko/20030425 At the initial program start and login, mail is properly retrieved from POP server (I use Comcast Broadband). Subsequent attempts to retrieve the mail (either automatically every X minutes or manually by the Get Messages button) show no activity or mail retrieval. Sometimes the message "This folder is being processed. Please wait until processing is complete to get messages" appears. If I exit Mozilla completely and start the program again, on login the mail will be retrieved properly, and then stop retrieving again for the session. Send mail always works. When the Inbox "freezes" (unable to retrieve messages from the server), I can take previous messages out of the Inbox folder, but not place them in the Inbox folder. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1.Start Mozilla. Log into email account. Messages retrieved. 2.Wait for automatic retrival or press "Get Messages" button. Actual Results: No more messages can be retrieved from email account until I completely exit Mozilla and restart the program. Expected Results: Continued to retrieve messages at automatic intervals or manually with the "Get Messages" button. This did not occur with Previous Mozilla versions (1.1 or 1.2) and has only begun to show up in the past 3 days. I have been using Mozilla 1.3 since its release. No other programs are running at the time (except anti virus and internet security). I have only one email account. Mozilla browser works fine.
I uninstalled Mozilla 1.3.1 and reinstalled Mozilla 1.2.1 and the problem remained. I am back to Mozilla 1.3.1 now. Are the \preference and other user files that remain and carryover between builds the problem?
Today I uninstalled Mozilla 1.3.1 and renamed the old preference folder. I reinstalled Mozilla 1.3.1 and set up a new account in email. All new preference folders in the Windows/Application Data/Mozilla subdirectory. The problem remains. After the initial startup and retrieval of mail, subsequent attempts to retrieve mail in the same session do not work.
I CAN confirm this occurs with my email accounts as well, EXACTLY as you have stated. I also have ATTBI/Comcast broadband accounts and have been able to duplicate this bug on two of my 5 accounts.
NOTE: Once this problem has been "activated", there is no build that I have found to work. (Previous builds NOR Netscape 7.02) Retrieving mail via Outlook shows no error messages. I too have uninstalled/reinstalled/etc ... even created new Profiles and used different PCs to test. I have found no work-around. I did find that turning Junk Mail controls completely off for the account in question did "help" the situation, by allowing me to poll mail once and read the mail ... but if I leave the inbox and return to it, I cannot see the mail or retrieve new mail.
Tom Stohlman, are you also using ATTBI for your mail provider?
Yes I am using ATTBI. They have been purchased by Comcast. I did notice this bug seemed to start when I got an email from Comcast on May 7 describing a "transition" from ATTBI to Comcast on June 30 and asking subscribers to get a "transition wizard". It turns out this executable supposedly only works with Outlook Express/Windows. I did NOT download it or install it. Maybe this is just a coincidence. Other observations: The "get mail" and automatic "get mail" functions seem to work fine until either new mail arrives or a previous message is made visible in the message pane. Then it will not function until I have exited Mozilla and started it up again.
Correction: The freeze on the inbox and the get mail functions occur only after new mail arrives. Until that happens, I seem to be able to view previous messages with no ill effect on the get mail function or the inbox itself.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 205379 ***
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 16 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.