User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; WinNT4.0; en-US; rv:1.4b) Gecko/20030507 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; WinNT4.0; en-US; rv:1.4b) Gecko/20030507 I get this error message only in 1.4beta email client. This happened, say about, 10 times on different occasions. Happened after sending reply to email or sending a new composition. I composed a new message or a reply in M$ Notepad, went to email client, pressed reply or new message as the case might be, copied and pasted my text from the notepad to the email client, made small modifications, and pressed "Send". Then I got the following error message: "An error occured while sending mail. The mail server responded 5.3.0 "<email address>. Please check the message recipients and try again. I never had this problem before in Mozilla 1.4a or prior versions. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Compose a new message or a reply in M$ Notepad. 2. Go to email client, press reply or new message as the case may be. 3. Copy and paste my text from the notepad to the email client, make the small changes in text and press "Send". Actual Results: Get this error message: "An error occured while sending mail. The mail server responded 5.3.0 "<email address>. Please check the message recipients and try again. To get around the problem, I closed the email client completely discarding my composition, and restart it. I made the small modifications, mentioned before, in Notepad (instead of in the email client), copied this modified text in new message or replied message as the case might be, and sent it out. It was transferred successfully! Making changes inside the email client in the pasted message was causing transmission error.
I can't reproduce this with 20030509 on Win98. Huh? A message body that causes the server to report an error? Does this occur when sending through a special SMTP server or which each you're using? If you could send such a failing testmail while mozilla logs the operation that might be useful for us. How you can set up your system to produce such a log is described here: http://www.mozilla.org/quality/mailnews/mail-troubleshoot.html#smtp But please don't include this file in your comment but it to this bug.
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.