User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030529 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030529 Loaded up 1.4rc1 for the first time, and *all* pages that don't specify a font look awful, as they're rendered in some really bold monospaced font. Worse, "view source" shows the closing / in the wrong place for many tags, making it look like strikethrough. This was repeatable, and I could switch between 1.3 and 1.4rc1; looked fine in 1.3, looked bad in 1.4rc1. Oddly, as soon as I went to Preferences / Appearance / Fonts and switched from "Serif" to "Sans Serif", and then back, everything started working again. This is quite an annoying bug until you run into that workaround. I don't know how to get the bug back, either; the workaround seems permanent. Reproducible: Didn't try Steps to Reproduce: 1. install 1.4rc1 2. display a page which uses default fonts 3. barf Actual Results: vomit on desk :-)
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.