User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030529 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030529 On click Compose/Reply buttons, an error messagebox pops up. This occurs every time after installing 1.4rc1, and disappears when reinstalling 1.3.1. I have deninstalled from Control Panel first. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Install or start mozilla 1.4rc1 2. Open Mail window 3. Click Compose or Reply button (or select by menu/keyboard accel, or double-click a message in Drafts folder) Actual Results: Compose/Reply reports: "An error occurred while creating a message compose window. Please try again." I'm using Classic Theme, Mozilla as only browser, as default email client and browser etc, so no specialized config I can think of.
Reporter: have you installed Mozilla in a clean (empty) directory ?
Yes - just tried again. More: When I hide all prefs files (prefs.js, prefs*.bak) in folder Windows/Application Data/Mozilla/Profiles/default/<secret-code>.slt/ and open mail, it seems to work again. But this is only temporary. Steps: Remove prefs.js and prefs*.bak Restart mozilla -mail Hit compose button. The compose window is opened, but on top of it is the dialog to create a new account (since all my mail accounts and server settings are gone of course). I create an account, the compose window is now available and functional. But when I click Compose button next time, the error message is shown again, so it's back to zero. Sorry, but this is really a blocker for me...
I see this on Solaris 2.8 also.
blocker=blocks Mozilla development This is worksforme with win2k build 20030602 and also wfm for many other people. a) be sure that you install in a complete empty directory (and not only uninstalled Mozilla) b) try a new, additional test profile
I also see this problem. I did an upgrade from 1.4rc1 - I will try reinstall into fresh directory - but I think it's more to do with profile problem. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030529
I did install into a fresh directory on Solaris the first time.A new profile makes this work again, but that is a bad solution. As a user, I think creating a new profile for every mozilla version is a pain, I counted 29 boxes I had to click and 15 text fields I had to enter data into before I came back to what I had (and I still do not get my saved passwords).
Reporter: This is "worksforme" if it works with a new profile. (Unless you find the reason for this in your broken profile and or firstname.lastname@example.org changes the current way to solve such bugs) files which could affect this (possible): pancea.dat, localstore.rdf, xul.mfasl/xul.mfl, chrome\*.* -> wfm (broken profile)