User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4b) Gecko/20030507 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4b) Gecko/20030507 My linux system is Dedian stable. I upgraded the mozilla 1.0 to 1.4b and all went fine except that i can t check my mail anymore. I get the error "conection to mail-in.pandora,be timed out" I think there is an authentification problem. I tried reentering the account but when I try to check the pop3 mail I don t get a question for a password. there also doesn't seem to be a field to fill in a pop3 password. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. removing the existing account 2. creating a "new" account 3. trying to check mail Actual Results: no connection is being make to the pop3 mail server Expected Results: checking the mail
*** Bug 209536 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
please try an rc2 build - I think this has been fixed, and is a dup.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Ever confirmed: true
Hi, How can I get RC2? I just dl'ed the nightly build but it didn't fix the problem. btw, I've seen this problem on both hp-ux and windows xp. Sory to bother you but this is urgent for me. Until this is fixed I can only use Outlook. Ugh -- I can't figure out how to do anything in Outlook.
I found a solution for now, It aint perfect and I had to download all my email messages again but anyway... I just deleted my .mozilla folder in my home dir and then I created the account again and I could check my email. So I guess that something goes wrong when mozilla 1.4b converts the 1.0 profile settings. should I reinstall mozilla 1.0 and then install the rc2 build to find out if its already been solved? (I have time since I'm unemployed at the moment...) DuSti
I may have misunderstood what's going on here. When you say you downloaded the nightly build, was it a 1.5 build, or a 1.4 rc build? help | about should tell you. It sounds like something in your profile was messed up, though I'm not really sure it was a migration problem. If you're running a 1.5 build, there should be a setting in the server settings for your pop3 server that says "use secure authentication". It should be unchecked. But your problem sounds a little more like a proxy config issue if you're not getting to the pop3 server at all.
Mozilla 1.4b Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4b) Gecko/20030507 is the build that I downloaded and installed with the mozilla-installer. (so it s not the latest nightly build) About the possible proxy config isue: I could get online with the browser and I could ping to the mail server (or has this nothing to do with it?) schould I try the install again (removing 1.4b, installing 1.0 and installing 1.4b again) or (removing 1.4b installing 1.0 and install the latest...) I wana help testing I might even learn something new ;-) DuSti
DuSti, you should try downloading 1.4rc1 or 1.4rc2 and see if that works. Pinging the mail server doesn't neccesarily tell you everything since it might be the particular pop3 port that's involved. Also, are you using SSL with your pop3 server?
Hello, I have discovered the source of my problem. It could be the same problem your having as well.... I didn't have my pop server in the edit->pref->adv->proxies->'No Proxy For:" box. I just added it and was able to download all my mail! The second bienvenu said proxy issue, I realized that moz was trying to go through my web proxy to get to the pop server. Well, In some cases that would be the right thing to do but not in this case. Maybe if the first attempt of connecting to the pop server times out Moz should automatically try to connect without the proxy. It might save some people some time and headache. I don't think it would hurt anything. Thanks for your help, Scott
okey, last comment on this I guess I assembled a test PC, did a clean install of debian and I created 2 useraccounts. Then I installed mozilla 1.0, created twice the same email acount. In one of the accounts I enabled the master passwd and in the other account I didn't chance the passwd. after upgrading to mozilla 1.4 rc2 I tried opening mail. For the user with disabled master-passwd I didn't had a problem, for the user with masterpasswd enabled I had to re-enter the masterpasswd. I guess that with mozilla 1.4 b something went wrong with the convertion of the profile because my master-passwd wasn't asked and mozilla was not able to read the password because it was encrypted. anyway, with mozilla 1.4 RC2 it seems to be fixed where with mozilla 1.4b I had trouble
Marking WFM according to reporters's comment #9. Scott Rohde: You could file a new report with severity "enhancement" about your idea in comment #8, but it's definitively a different issue than this bug.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 15 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.