User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030612 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030612 I use Mozilla to NTLM authentication, I found that when mozilla need to send type-3 message, it sent a wrong NTLM challenger. The webserver asked for Domain's NTLM challenger, the browser sent my box's NTLM challenger. Reproducible: Sometimes Steps to Reproduce: 1. Login a company's domain. 2. install ethereal. Monitor your host's network traffic. 3. access a webserver which require NTLM authentication. You can compare the traffic with IE's result. I found that the type-1-message is different as well. The type-3-message is picked from local box's NTLM challenger rather than the domain's NTLM challenger ( as required by webserver). Expected Results: When webserver ask for NTLM challenger for a domain, the browser should send request to Domain COntroller to get the NTLM challenger. Then send this challenger to webserver in type-3-message.
hmm... mozilla is simply using microsoft APIs to generate the NTLM authorization headers. reporter: can you describe further the problem?
No Domain information in the NTLM challenger.
steve: can you please send me the IE and Mozilla packet traces? i would like to analyze them to see the difference in detail. thanks! if you send the traces to me in private, i will not post them here.
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.