User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; SunOS sun4u; en-US; rv:1.3) Gecko/20030319 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; SunOS sun4u; en-US; rv:1.3) Gecko/20030319 You'll find it on lots of pages that uses a Percentage-based Layout, if you use a SUN to browse.(The same Pages browsed with Mac,Linux,Win32 are perfect) Effect: Same as if you hadn't used a width-attribute at all! e.g <table width="100%"> or <td width="20%"> using Stylesheets doesn't help. Since all Mozillas share common code for the Render Engine, it seems a call to an os-dependent funktion went wrong? I'm a little surprised about this error since it seems to hang around for many versions. It's not just a Problem of a single Machine, each of our University of Hamburg-Sunstations behaves the same. But I must admit I haven't checked it in other networks just with older Mozilla Versions Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1.Load http://home.t-online.de/home/iso.wollatz/index.htm 2.maximise window of mozilla 3.content (which is in Tables) will not expand Actual Results: Content (which is in Tables) will not expand Expected Results: Tables with 100% width should consume the whole screen, and normally and otherwise does
*** Bug 210357 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
This bug sounds suspiciously like it's a duplicate of Bug ID: 185949 I remember having that problem when i was compiling Mozilla using Forte 6 or 7 with an optimization value of X05. When i changed the optimization to X02 and recompiled again that layout problem was fixed. Can you say what build of Mozilla you are using and what optimization flags were used to compile it.
I've compiled a few older versions of Mozilla 1.3.1 and earlier with an optimization flag greater then X02 with Forte and the percentage problem you describe does occur with those builds, this is exactly the problem that occured with Bug ID: 185949. If you download a current version of Mozilla for Solaris from the Mozilla website and try it on your web page you'll see that the page renders properly. If you're compiling it yourself use the optimization flag of X02 and your rendering problem will disappear. I remember changing all my Intranet pages to use fixed widths for tables instead of percentages before i figured out what the problem was. This bug is a duplicate of Bug ID: 185949 and should be closed as a duplicate.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 185949 ***