User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 I get about 120 emails a day. Every day two or three will cause Mozilla to completely FREEZE. Worse, the entire computer is VERY BUSY and it is not possible to get into the Windows Security window (ctl+alt+ delete). This was not a problem in (I think) version 1.4rc2 and earlier. The rest of my family has had the same problem and have reverted to 1.4rc2 as of tonight. This is a terrible problem and if it is not fixed soon, I will have to abandon 1.4 release version myself.. Reproducible: Didn't try Steps to Reproduce: 1.Just keep selecting an incoming email and one or another will freeze the computer. 2. 3.
*** Bug 215725 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
wfm from Mozilla M16 -> Mozilla 0.6 -> Mozilla1.5a on win2k A complete lookup from a NT based system (wimdows NT/2k/XP) can not be cazsed by Mozilla, only triggered because Mozilla doesn't install a driver that runs on CPU Level 0
My OS is Windows XP. I confirm this problem is version 1.4. Total lockup of machine occurs every 3 to 5 messages read. The problem was so bad I had to abandon use of version 1.4 Problem still exists in version 1.5 Alpha, but it's frequency is less, occuring perhaps once per day. As soon as you click a message header, the cursor goes "busy" (hourglass with arrow), but the message never appears in the preview pane. At the point the machine is locked up. When I say locked up I mean the Windows UI is locked. Jobs running in the background seem to continue to run, but you cannot change windows to access them or close them. You cannot bring up the task manager to kill Mozilla via any method. For all purposes, the OS is dead. The only way to restart is a hard reset. If you had any other programs running with open files, you've lost that data because you must reset.
I have determined this problem occurs only on a Windows 2000 or XP system that is also using a program called GOBACK (a disk rollback utility), and only with version 3.21.106, which is the current version. When using the previous revision 3.11.59 I do not get any lockups. The problem also does not occur on Windows 98SE with 3.21.106, so this may be related only to NTFS file systems or the NT OS itself. The 2000 and XP systems that exhibit the failure are both NTFS. I have A/B tested this on two different systems, one with XP, the other 2000. When using 3.21.106 it always locks up after reading only a few messages, and when the older rev is installed it does not lockup even after over 200 messages were read. The problem also only occurs when reading new messages (bolded headers). If you read already read messages, it does not lock up. This problem appears to have started with version 1.4 and is also in 1.5A and Thunderbird 0.1. It should be easy to locate the failure now that the exact cause is known, and is highly repeatable.
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 14 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.