User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98) Build Identifier: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/nightly/latest/mozilla-win32-installer-sea.exe I have a rather odd problem with Mozilla, which happened to me on every single build and is possibly only occuring to me. Possibly this is only occuring to me since I have a Voodoo3 video card, but I exprience no such problem with IE. I'm not even sure this is a bug, and possibly there is a solution I haven't found. If so, I would be happy if you point me in it's direction. Anyway, here is the description of the problem: For some reason, especially after the computer works for a while, mozilla seems to take some effort to load pages. After the pages are being loaded I can move through them without a problem. But while the pages are actually being loaded, especially if they have pictures, every part being loaded takes a bit processor power and the pictures being shown appear rather slowly, during which they freeze the computer for about a second or two for each part. A web page which is extremley noticeable that I have to wait a lot (about 5 seconds) is http://www.ynet.co.il In IE the page just appears. In Mozilla it takes some time (those 5 seconds) after in actually finished recieveing all the data from the internet Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Just load the program, especially after some computer work 2. 3. Actual Results: The above explanation Expected Results: Work smoothly, just like IE
This is not a Layout bug. ->B-G for triage
Because you are using Win98, it is possibly a dupe of Bug 204374 GDI Resources are used till the UI/website displays faulty Loading of this page increased my bitmap count by 48, that is quite a lot if you don´t have much memory. Even when you have lots of memory GDI resources are much more restricted on Win98 then on newer windows. Do you see this effect if you load this page after starting mozilla, or only after having surfed some time? Did you see this effect before, i.e. using Mozilla 1.3 or older? Tool for monitoring GDI usage on Win98 can be found in Bug 199443 in the attachment GDI Usage tool: http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=121792&action=view
I also noticed this change in the bitmaps with this little proggie you gave me. I checked it both with IE and Mozilla, and it still changed in about 30-40 or so. With Mozilla it was a bit though more... I use Win98 SE, have 128 SDRAM and a Voodo3 video card. Usually you can see the even a small effect if I start Mozilla on windows startup. But the more programs I have open (or had open) the more slowly it shows the pictures and other parts of the page. Maybe I haven't explaned enough what actually happens: While it takes the time to show each picture, usually about half a second, more or much less, depending on the size of the picture, the whole system (music is most noticable) freezes until Mozilla finishes showing the picture or the part of the web page. It happened to me in all builds of Mozilla I have tried/tasted so far. And believe me, there were many. But actually, before build 1.4 (or 1.3, I don't quite remember) it also had the same problem when I scrolled down the page after the web page finished loading - it slowly moved the page (and the screen) down. Took about 0.3+- to do one scroll down (something that should happen without any problem). But now Mozilla only does problems with the actual loading. Another thing to note - it usually takes about 2 seconds until a dropdown-box actually drops down (opens). What information does this GUI tool is supposed to give me?
15 years ago
WFM on WinXP SP1 trunk 2004030509. Reporter: with a recent nightly build, does the website still cause problems? Thanks.
Reporter: with a recent nightly build, does the website still cause problems? Thanks.
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.