User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5a) Gecko/20030718 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5a) Gecko/20030718 I have a db developped in MS Access 97 which mainly uses external mail program to send report of actions or data modification. E.G. whenever a new user insert a new record in a certain table, trought a form, a new mail for the internal mailing list is created with che MAPI server. The command used in the VBA code is docmd.sendobject, the method sendobject of the docmd object. With sendobject, you can specify and insert message body, message subject and fill to, cc or bcc fields of the new message. The matter is the to (or cc or bcc: I tried them as well) remain empty. Mozilla mail creates the new message, put che correct body and subject but did not accept any input for the to: field. The db works well, instead, with any other MAPI compliant mail client. We would love to switch to Mozilla, and I personally already did, but this lack is something most of our people would never get over. Thank you FYA. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. open a new mdb microsoft access database 2. write down a few line of vba code to create a new mail message using sendobject 3. e.g.: DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , , "firstname.lastname@example.org", , , "testsubject", "testbody", True 4. run the sub on a win mapi compliant machine with mozilla mail and news Actual Results: the to: field of the newly created message remainded empty Expected Results: it should have filled with the value passed with sendobject, "email@example.com" I googled the web and specially the groups and found it many other people faced the problem. I wrote to some of them but they did not find out a solution.
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 14 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.