User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5a) Gecko/20030718 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5a) Gecko/20030718 When using the spellcheck clicking on "Download more" in the language box does not produce any results. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Open spellcheck 2. Click on language 3. Click on "download more" Actual Results: nothing Expected Results: Opening of window such as Mozilla Cafe with a list of available languages
I can confirm this using 0.2a (20030813) on Windows XP.
Three notes/necessary steps: 1.) content/communicator/builtinURLs.js is not packaged for Thunderbird. This is why nothing happens after clicking on "download more". 2.) builtinURLs.js function needs to be adapted to open a new browser window (currently works in seamonkey only). 3.) bug 218120 needs to be fixed in order to display the appropriate download page (and not a blank one).
Points 1 & 3 from comment 2 are fixed now.
*** Bug 227910 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Summary: Download more in the language pull down does not work → Download more in spellchecker's language pull down does not work
*** Bug 228860 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Also seeing this on Thunderbird 0.5 under Windows XP, with the slight difference to comment 1 that instead of seeing "nothing" a small windows (showing title bar only) appears. See also http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=55348 Also suggest someone add "dictionaries" and/or "dictionary" to the summary to make this bug easier to find.
*** Bug 230686 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 238490 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
*** Bug 234994 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Why hasn't this bug a target milestone?
I upgraded to Thunderbird 0.6 today with the installer. I use windows xp pro. Now when I pressing the Download more I get an error. "The file /content/navigator.xul cannot be found. Please check location and try again."
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
Target Milestone: --- → Thunderbird0.7
I get the same message using thunderbird 0.6 in linux (fedora core 2 test3).
The same with Thunderbird 0.6 on MacOS X 10.3
*** Bug 243976 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
I have a patch for this, with one(?) issue. The patch makes the spellchecker just launch the user's default browser rather than assuming they run SeaMonkey. This works fine on my WinXP machine, but does this fix make sense for *NIX platforms? I can't find a way to do any fancy #ifdef's for that, because the preprocessor doesn't appear to run when mozilla/editor is built. The other side effect of this is that, if for some inexplicable reason the user's default browser is Firefox but they're using SeaMonkey's MailNews reader, when they click "Download More" Firefox will load and downloading the new dictionary from there wouldn't install it in SeaMonkey as the user expects. Would this solution be satisfactory, or is there a better fix I don't know about?
Patrick that sounds fine. We'll have to fork the spell checker files for Thunderbird. These changes should not go into seamonkey. Thus avoiding the complications you referred to.
Ok, I guess I'll hold off on posting that patch since forking that will be non-trivial. Also, FWIW I'm not sure where "Patrick" came from :)
Sorry Jon :) The fork should be trivial. Feel free to just post the diff and I'll fork it. I'm assuming you just needed to change the spell checker .xul and .js file. That's what I was planning on doing to fix it anyway.
Created attachment 149243 [details] [diff] [review] Patch Alrighty. I didn't see an obvious change that needed to be made in the XUL file, but I did put a URL into builtInURLs.rdf, as I saw was done for SeaMonkey in an earlier bug.
Created attachment 150214 [details] [diff] [review] the fix adapted for thunderbird with a forked version of the spell check JS file
fixed on the trunk and on the branch. Thanks Jon!
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 14 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.