User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5b) Gecko/20030827 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5b) Gecko/20030827 Autocomplete several times has now failed to work on occasion. I'm able to fix it by opening a new window (not tab). Don't know what the cause is (yet). I'm trying to be more concious of my actions, in hopes of finding the pattern. Screenshot forthcoming. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce:
Created attachment 130571 [details] Showcase of issue Screenshot of issue being attached. Notice it only gives the option to search. Creating a new tab, or going into tabs already in use doesn't help. In a new windows, it's OK again. But it doesn't fix the old window's issue. It's busted for good.
Any idea of when this regressed?
Keywords: qawanted, regression
I really don't know when this started. I wasn't into 1.5a for more than a day, when I went back to 1.4 (which I loved). I normally start with new versions on beta's. It's quite anoying. It's happened several times now.
Ok, I think I figured it out. Here's what you have to do. Open few tabs if you want, browse around, have fun. Now enter a new url (one you haven't been to, or at least isn't in the history). while entering it, click into the whitespace, that appears below. Broken for the window. Not sure if that's what I ran across before. But that's at least one way to break it.
Maybe dupe of bug 215831.
yep dupe, tried it yesterday with the patch from Bug 215831. That bug fixed this regression *** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 215831 ***
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 15 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.