Mail seems to work wacky when the username contains an "@" symbol.

RESOLVED EXPIRED

Status

MailNews Core
Networking
RESOLVED EXPIRED
15 years ago
10 years ago

People

(Reporter: Cheng-Lun Wang, Assigned: (not reading, please use seth@sspitzer.org instead))

Tracking

Trunk
PowerPC
Mac OS X

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

15 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.5b) Gecko/20030827
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.5b) Gecko/20030827

My e-mail service provier recently ask me to change my username from "username"
to "username@domainname.com". After I changed the username as the service
provider required, the wacky behavior had begun. It now won't allow me deleting,
moving messages. It won't check new messages. It, basically, doesn't do nothing
at all. It looks like a dummy...
But it did check new messages for once! That was when I had chosen the only one
unreaded message that left in the messages list. After that one time, it has
been a total dummy.

B.T.W. ThunderBird(0.1 & 0.2) seems to have no problem at all with this issue.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
1.Creating a e-mail account that has a "@" symble (or contains more than 25
words...I have no idea) in username.
2.Telling Mail & Newsgroup to do something(checking for mail, moving messages
around, etc...).
3.Seeing that Mail & Newsgroup won't do it...
Actual Results:  
NOTHING AT ALL... Not even things that are supposed to happen happen.

Expected Results:  
Check mail...

......

Comment 1

15 years ago
Please specifiy what type of account you're using: POP3 or IMAP. Or does this
occur with each type (would be nice if you could test with both if your service
provider supports both)?

What about sending messages (SMTP)? Did you change the username there too?
(Reporter)

Comment 2

15 years ago
It only happens on the IMAP server that I'm using. I have no idea if the same
problem happens in pop3 or SMTP server.

Plus, Mozilla 1.4 seems to be okay with this issue, too. 
Product: MailNews → Core
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01".

This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that
bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are
highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code.

While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we
are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce
this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a
copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and
you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug
(given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more
reproduction information if you have it.

If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not
changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved.
Thank you for your help in this matter.

The latest beta releases can be obtained from:
Firefox:     http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/
Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html
Seamonkey:   http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above
comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 12 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
Product: Core → MailNews Core
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.