User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; de-AT; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; de-AT; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 XML-Verarbeitungsfehler:Unbekannte Entity Adresse:chrome://global/content/nsHelperAppDlg.xul Zeile 94 Spalte 43 <chexkbox id="alwaysAskMe" label="&alwaysAsk.label;" accesskey=&alwaysAsk.accesskey;"> Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1.call the site http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/drivel/Gtk-1.3.zip?use_mirror=easynews 2.and you will see what happen 3. Actual Results: is loading and loading and loading and i can't make the download because of this failure Expected Results: nothing !!! ......loading and loading and loading .......... maybe it's a bug. If i use the IE5.5Win everything is ok.
*** Bug 220471 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
WFM W2k 20030925 Please get a newer release (1.5rc2) and try again. Still problems?
The problem is that the localization pack you are using (German?) does not include a translation of some of those entities. This is a bug in the localization pack....
Assignee: blake → kairo
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Component: Download Manager → German-Austria/de-AT
Ever confirmed: true
Product: Browser → Mozilla Localizations
QA Contact: petersen → Sebastian
Version: Trunk → unspecified
I get this bug always when Mozilla asks if I want to download or not. Is there any statement from Roland Kaiser (maintainer of de-AT-lang pack)? Or a new version? :-) Is there any workaround? Any line I could edit manually?
What language pack (version) did you use? Is it correct to assume you're using a Mozilla 1.4 final build?
No, I use the very newest versions I could get. Mozilla is 1.5rc1 (did not try rc2 yet) and the newest language pack from mozilla.kairo.at. I also got the problem described in bug #220166 but this ought to be a temporary issue. But This one seems to be present since 1.4 and also in the nightly I use. But it's the same error (and also the only one I can see), so it seems not to be a temporary prob. Sorry for the version differences, I thought this is about the 1.5 series. Okay, I'm affected with version 1.5rc and nightly language pack.
There is no language pack for any 1.5rc version on mozilla.kairo.at - the nightly XPI packs do only work for trunk nightlies of the specified date. Additionally, you should try to kill the XUL fastload file (XUL.mfl) in your profile directory.
Ah, okay. I think I misunderstood something there. But everything works, except the "What do you want to do with that file"-dialog. :) I'll try to kill that file and wait for the 1.5 final release.
Okay, I solved it for myself. Killing XUL.mfl did not do anything. But I suppose, the behavior of the checkbox in the "what-to-do"-dialog has been changed recently. The entity that mozilla requests is &alwaysAsk.label; and the entity provided in de-AT-lang-Pack (latest nightly) is &alwaysHandle.label; and I think alwaysHandle is the opposite of alwaysAsk. :-) So I changed the entity names in the file specified by the error message in the JAR archive and it works! I had no chance to download a newer version of mozilla nightly, but every user in the same situation as I am in should be able to correct this easily.
-->INVALID, as is comes from an incompatibility with a language pack to a different build than the one the lanbguage pack was made for, and that's improper ("invalid") use of the langauge pack. Nice to see though that yau could resolve your problem yourself ;-)
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 15 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
verifying older/outdated bugs
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.