User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 when i try to open a pdf file in the browser nothing happens Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. 2. 3. Expected Results: opened the pdf file in adobe acrobat which is installed on my computer
Assignee: general → peterlubczynski-bugs
Component: Browser-General → Plug-ins
QA Contact: general → bmartin
via plugin or via helper app ? if via plugin: Do you see the plugin under help/about:plugins ?
Also true on Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007. The problem was NOT present on Mozilla 1.4. This problem is NOT present for PDFs server directly by the web server (I've tested Apache 2.0.47 and AppleShare IP 6.3.3). The problem does occur for PDF downloads from a database with a complete HTTP header, including byte count. There was a change in Microsoft, whereby the HTTP header had to include an accurate byte-count in order to open the PDF. I discovered some incorrect byte counts in my db, and had to correct these to get PDFs to open correctly to IE. Now they open in Acrobat from IE (or within IE) but do not open in Mozilla, instead providing a message: "... could not be opened, because an unknown error occured. Sorry about that. Try saving to disk first and then opening the file." Saving to disk and opening does work.
Bill, I suggest you file a separate bug instead of hijacking this one (and cc me on it). Make sure to point to a URL that shows the problem...
(as a guess, that's caused by content-encoding:gzip and a then invalid content-length)
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.