User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007 When one of the four news links that are presented in the centre of the http://ninemsn.com.au homepage are clicked, mozilla-1.5 crashes. I downloaded mozilla-1.5 in tar.gz format and have installed it in /usr/local/mozilla-1.5/mozilla/ on a RedHat 8 system. I have been using mozilla-1.4 on this same system, also a tar.gz download, and also in /usr/local without any issues with clicking the news links on the ninemsn.com.au home page. In fact, I just tested this and 1.4 works fine (I leave immediately previous versions of mozilla installed on my system, just in case a situation like this arises). Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Go to the ninemsn home page at http://ninemsn.com.au 2. Click on one of the four news links featured prominently in the centre of the web page. 3. The mozilla 1.5 browser will crash. Actual Results: I have repeatedly tried the above steps with mozilla 1.5 and every time, on each of the four links, it crashes. I just upgraded today from mozilla 1.4 and have left mozilla 1.4 installed. Testing this problem with 1.4 has not produced the same behaviour. This is a new problem with mozilla 1.5 Expected Results: Mozilla should have opened one of the news articles featured on the ninemsn.com.au home page. There are advertisements on the pages that should open when clicking the links for the featured news articles on the ninemsn.com.au home page. It may be worth looking at these advertisements to see if they are contributing to the crashes (then again, this may be completely and utterly unrelated).
What Java plugin are you using?
Java(TM) Plug-in 1.4.2-b28
It just crashed again with the java shell that ClarkConnect uses as part of its web admin tool!
Assignee: general → joshua.xia
Component: Browser-General → Java: OJI
Upgrading to the latest JRE (and symbolicly linking to the plugin) fixes this issue. However, it should be noted that I had upgraded to the latest JRE in order to use Mozilla 1.4, and thought that this would work with Mozilla 1.5 as well.
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.