User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; WinNT4.0; en-US; rv:1.6a) Gecko/20031009 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; WinNT4.0; en-US; rv:1.6a) Gecko/20031009 I use Mozilla to perform banking on multiple sites. Of note, brokerage and investment sites such as Vanguard will log on to one of multiple sites (flagship2.vanguard.com, flagship3.vanguard.com, etc). For companies I trust, I'd like to be able to allow popups from either the entire domain (*.vanguard.com) or at least a common set of hosts (flagship*.vanguard.com) using a single wildcard rather than by enumerating all the desired sites and watching for the little ! icon all the time while on these sites. Vanguard, for example, uses popups to conduct an extremely consistent UI experience, and my experience is that they won't start sending me undesired ads. As such, I want to simply whitelist them; anything undesired that comes through from that site, I'll follow up with through their support process. Can I already do this? It wasn't clear from the UI. Sorry if this is in the wrong category; I couldn't find 'pop-up blocking 'listed. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: I've tried adding flagship4.vanguard.com, *.vanguard.com, and vanguard.com, but logging in and getting flagship2.vanguard.com instead of flagship4.vanguard.com causes popups to be blocked (and the little icon to show up). Expected Results: Err, perhaps I should be using a different wildcard?
*** Bug 223048 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
whitelisting domain.com should also allow popups from sub.domain.com. This doesn't work for you?
Ok, well *now* that somebody's looking, everything's working fine now with no little popup blocking notification. Apologies for the duplicate and please close this; I'll refer to this request should I be able to reliably reproduce it in the future. It was a little time between when I ran into this and when I filed it, so perhaps something crossed wires (or maybe it was a MacOSX Mozilla issue). Sorry to take your time.
14 years ago
It currently works for me; I will reopen it or file a new one with better specifics should I run into it again.
Well, I tried out putting in just the domain and no problems under both MacOSX and Windows, for extra confirmation.
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 201256 ***