User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.4.1) Gecko/20031008 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.4.1) Gecko/20031008 When I embed Mozilla 1.4.1 using the ActiveX control, as soon as I go to a page with Java applets, a "register failk" message comes up and the program hangs. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Clear my system of all JRE's/mozilla installations (manually deleting reg entries and left over files) 2. Install Mozilla 1.4.1 3. Install the Mozilla ActiveX supplementary files (http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/gre_app_support14.zip) into the GRE directory 4. Install Sun's 1.4.2 JRE 5. Embed Mozilla in my Java application and navigate to http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/getStarted/index.html Actual Results: A messagebox comes up with "asdas" as the title and "register failk" as the message. The program hangs. Expected Results: It should render the applets and use the 1.4.2 JRE. These 2 pages relate to the "register failk" message: http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?forum=30&thread=432494&tstart=1&trange=15 http://www.billwinkle.org/cdg/failk.html It seems as though Mozilla is trying to use the Microsoft JVM. I can view the same applets in 1.4.1 when I'm not embedding it :-/ I've tried downloading the Mozilla Control 1.5 install (http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/MozillaControl15t1.exe) and uninstalling/reinstalling all my JREs and versions of mozilla (including deleting all the registry keys after uninstallation). No difference. This is happening on all the development machines (Win2000) I've tested it on.
BTW - My Java application is not Swing/AWT based.
Oh, something else: If I embed IE instead of Mozilla, it works fine.
Summary: Java applets fail when embedded using ActiveX control - tries to use MSJVM → [ActiveX] Java applets fail when embedded using control - tries to use MSJVM
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
Component: Embedding: ActiveX Wrapper → Embedding: ActiveX Wrapper
Product: Core → Core Graveyard
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.