User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.6a) Gecko/20031030 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.6a) Gecko/20031030 Occurs infrequently, - I connect to my IMAP server over a ISDN (64Kbps) connection, and have fairly large amounts of mail. Sometime - and I suspect it's connected with doing something - like looking at a messages, or the link breaking (a rare event) - I end up with a message which has a size (the one I am looking at now is reported as 135K - about right), but when I click, the message text window is blank. Reproducible: Sometimes Steps to Reproduce: 1. not quite sure - seems to happen at odd time, may be 2. connect. Mail starts to download over the slow link 3. see an interesting message - click to read 4. later, find another messga ei s blank Actual Results: message text is absent Expected Results: dispayed the message I could live with a work around to either 1) invalidate the cached copy of the message (which I suspect is damaged) or 2) Get a message which has already been downloaded If I did invalidate the whole message store, the message comes down - but I have so uch mail this is 2 hours over a slow link.
I am expieriencing this problem, too. But I cannot yet recognize any pattern in which mails are affected. About 1 of 200 mails have this problem. Even restarting mozilla won't help immediately. Occurs in both Win2k and Linux.
can you try tomorrow's 1.6b build and let me know if this still happens? thx.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Ever confirmed: true
I've recently started seeing this too. Running trunk build 2004061507 on WinXP, UW IMAPD server. No other clients running. Looks like an empty message was cached when junk mail controls were run. Size column shows the correct size, but the message is empty (as shown by the message source). The following error is logged in JS console: Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER) [nsIMsgMailNewsUrl.mimeHeaders]" nsresult: "0x80004003 (NS_ERROR_INVALID_POINTER)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://messenger/content/mailWindowOverlay.js :: HandleMDNResponse :: line 2151" data: no] Source File: chrome://messenger/content/mailWindowOverlay.js Line: 2151 Restarting Mozilla helps in this case.
Ere, is there anything special about these messages, e.g., no message-id? Can you e-mail me a protocol log? Thx.
Nothing special with the messages. I just had left Mozilla running for the night and now when I came back to the system and read bugmail there were multiple empty messages. Unfortunately I managed to destroy the log so I'll have to wait for it to happen again (shouldn't take too long).
A protocol log sent via email.
This isn't quite the same as I originally reported - in my case if you leave Moz along it works. the problem I have is when I connect over broadband / or slower, and it downloads the headers. It then starts downloading the bodies of the messages. I however, see a message header that I want to see and click on it ... often, I then never get to see the content - I can't recall whether it the contents of the one I click, or the conents of the one it was downlaoding before. I recently upgraded to broadband (512kbps), and it happens less frequently than it did when I have only 64kb/s I suspect I now have a work-around too - delete the message and then undelete it .... Jonathan
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 249195 ***
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 14 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.