Closed Bug 226761 Opened 16 years ago Closed 14 years ago
emails corrupted occasionally
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; hu-HU; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; hu-HU; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007 After downloading emails, if _it stays_ in the Inbox folder, then after a few minutes some (but not all) emails gets corrupted. Somehow some mail's headers, or its body gets overwritten with dots, and after that, mozilla can not display the mail correctly. This happens only with mozilla mail client, and only if the mail stays in the Inbox folder. If some filter moves the message to another folder, then it is "safe". With mc I can see this in the ~/.mozilla/user/xxxxx.slt/Mail/server/Inbox file: "Received: from taelon.prim.hu (taelon.primserv [10.1.1.4]) by jam.adver................................." and here are lots of dots. Or another example: "Received: from cdm-68-226-201-44.nwib.cox-internet.com (184.108.40.206) [68.226.201..................." lots of dots too. Sometimes just the body disappears, and the header stays in the emails. I have checked if this is a hard drive problem, and copied my mozilla home to another drive. But the problem still exists. I think this is very serious, cause I can not read my mails correctly, because this problem happens at random. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Download mails in to the Inbox folder. 2. Wait some time. 3. Cry... Actual Results: At random, mails gets corrupted, and gets unreadable, because either the body or the headers gets overwritten by something. Expected Results: Store my emails safely!
do you have just one account, or multiple accounts? If multiple accounts, do you have the junk mail controls turned on for the multiple accounts? If so, I suggest you use Mozilla 1.6a instead.
Yes, I have multiple accounts, but I have the junk mail control completely turned off. I have never used that function of mozilla, I use server side spam filtering instead.
*** Bug 226764 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Closed: 14 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.