User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Build Identifier: Mozilla 1.5 (SuSE 8.0 Version and general Version) i installed mozilla 1.5 first the general version and afhe computer and after several breakdowns the suse 8.0 version. i also installed enigmail with it. after switching off the computer and restart it is not possible to run mozilla. it is possible to choose the profile. but after choosing the profile only the browsers frame comes up and then the program is terminated. same symptom with both installation versions. after deleting the XUL.mfsal file, the brwoser runs o.k.. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1.install mozilla and enigmail 2.exit mozilla (maybe turn off computer) 3.restart mozilla Actual Results: the frame comes up and then the program terminates (once even the computer was hung up). Expected Results: the navigator and the mail&news-groups window to come up and run deleting XUL.mfasl helps, but is anoying
which enigmail version ? 1.5 requires an updated version compared to moz 1.4 http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
enigmail is version 0.82.4 enigmime is 0.82.2
Does Enigmail load XUL in another process, but share the profile? If so, it's doing multi-process access to the FastLoad file, which is not supported and which will result in corruption. However, such corruption should be detected via the checksum, if not by runtime sanity checks, and lead to a set-aside Aborted.mfasl. It sounds like something less nefarious is going on. Can someone upload a zip of a bad FastLoad file, so we can use jrgm's perl script to dissect it? /be
A copy of that script is here: http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=115604&action=view
Created attachment 137169 [details] Output from dumpMFL.pl As far as I can judge, Enigmail doesn't do that, no. The problem is the same as bug 206199. In fact, I am currently (for the 1st time) reproducibly faced with this with Thunderbird 0.4 on Linux. My XUL.mfasl is too big to be attached, here is the output from dumpMFL.pl. Without deleting this file at startup, Thunderbird wouldn't start up.
The output from the dump, in general, appears reasonable. Not sure what's up. Any chance of (g)zipping up the mfasl and uploading it (or sending it to me or brendan). [Although, it may be hard to reproduce on another machine without the additional preferential.jar, enigmail, etc.]
yes, here it is: http://homepage.sunrise.ch/mysunrise/pbrunschwig/XUL.mfasl.zip My precise configuration: Thunderbird 0.4 on Linux enigmail v0.82.4 enigmime v0.82.0 offline extension (v0.0.2) Preferential 0.6.1a Get All Messages Additional installed themes (all tried, but using normal theme): Qute-Nitpick 0.1.6.3 Smoke Gant
sorry the XUL.mfasl file is > 300kb (with bzip) and i don't have webspace. anybody has a web site to put it on to set a link? the file has 420kb.
Reporter: Is this stil a problem with recent Mozilla Release builds ?
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.