User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20031220 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20031220 I installed the latest QuickTime-Plugin, Version 6.5, but it doesn't seem to be able to load on several websites like www.doom3.com or www.americasarmy.com! Instead of showing me the animations or movies it only shows the broken QT-Logo. Even on sites like www.doom3.com always QT tries to load instead of flash e.g. which i have installed, too. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Go to www.doom3.com or www.americasarmy.com 2. 3. Actual Results: Site is loading but instead of showing the QT-content I always see the QT-Logo while QT is hanging. Expected Results: Showing the QT-related animations or movies. I tried a new profile - didn't work! I tried the latest nightly build - didn't work! I tried re-installing QT - didn't work! I tried un-checking flash in the MIME-settings of QT - didn't work!
Bugzilla doesn't use QuickTime. (That'd be fun to see. :) I think you mean Mozilla Browser
I had a similar experience with flash 7.0 r14 on Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20031220 Though I had a working flash installation, I was asked to download flash. After changing Preferences/Privacy&Security/Images from: Accept images that come from the originating server only to: Accept all images and doing a reload the problem was solved. BTW, the site was: http://www.stephenking.com/
It works for me on the sites you reported. Still I experienced that problem on other sites. As to the second question, you can manage the file types handled by quicktime from its preferences. It seems being able to handle even flash animations, so perhaps it registered to do so.
1. @ Dave: You're right, I mixed up something, sorry. I sure meant the Mozilla Browser (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20031220 AND Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007) but on both builds I had the same problem. 2. @ Hermann: My settings in Preferences/Privacy&Security/Images always were "Accept all images" but it still doesn't work. 3. I also completely re-installed Flash after un-checking the MIME-settings for Flash in QT, rebooted my entire system but the problem still persists. 4. Gabriele, would you mind it to post the URLs on which YOU experienced the same problem I have? Would eventually be helpful to the bugtracking people here... Addingly www.castlewolfenstein.com comes up with the same problem for me, also does www.nokia.de! If I click on the Flash-Tour within the product information for the Nokia 6220 e. g. I see the QT-Logo again - hanging up QT - instead of seeing Flash - that's so strange...
The latest flash is 7.0 r19. Try uncheck flash in quicktime. Hope this helps.
No, it doesn't help! Like I said before I already un-checked Flash in QT, rebooted completely, then re-installed, rebooted completely again but without any success!
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.