User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.6b) Gecko/20031208 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.6b) Gecko/20031208 When I add a peer to peer (crossover cable) connection to my Laptop, Mozilla can no longer connect to the internet. Repro: Note: This configuration works fine with Internet Explorer. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Main PC (Microsoft MN-510) and Laptop (Netgear MA111) are connected to the internet through a 802.11b WiFi connection. Both work fine. 2. When I enable the pc internet adaptor (Via compatible on motherboard) and connect to the laptop with a crossover cable, connection thru Mozilla no longer works. 3. Disabling the direct peer-peer connection and restarting Mozilla allows me to reconnect to the internet. Actual Results: By looking at the connection status icons in the WinXP status bar, it appears that Mozilla is trying to connect through the direct peer-peer connection and ignoring the WiFi connection. Expected Results: Mozilla should try both network adaptors before failing to connect to the internet.
WinXP does the routing (and not Mozilla) but I don't know why IE works. Is the WiFi connection the first one in (translated from a german win2k, I don't know if the settings are the same in Winxp) : Systemcontrol/Networking/Advanced/Advanced Settings ?
There could be differences in how the routing table affects the two apps, possibly due to network API differences (Darin probably knows more). Please put the ipconfig /all output and the netstat -r output of your system here.
From info that was sent to me: From the laptop, both interfaces point to the default route, but the metric is different: 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.0.1 192.168.0.3 30 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.0.1 192.168.0.11 20 (smaller is used first) http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/default.asp?url=/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/route.asp metric Metric Specifies an integer cost metric (ranging from 1 to 9999) for the route, which is used when choosing among multiple routes in the routing table that most closely match the destination address of a packet being forwarded. The route with the lowest metric is chosen. The metric can reflect the number of hops, the speed of the path, path reliability, path throughput, or administrative properties. Why is your wireless card route using a higher metric? The article continues... # Large values in the metric column of the routing table are the result of allowing TCP/IP to automatically determine the metric for routes in the routing table based on the configuration of IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway for each LAN interface. Automatic determination of the interface metric, enabled by default, determines the speed of each interface and adjusts the metrics of routes for each interface so that the fastest interface creates the routes with the lowest metric. To remove the large metrics, disable the automatic determination of the interface metric from the advanced properties of the TCP/IP protocol for each LAN connection. Why does IE ignore this? I don't know. Searching the site further did not find any obvious explainations.
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.