4 errors in armenian (armscii8) character coding converter

RESOLVED FIXED

Status

()

Core
Internationalization
RESOLVED FIXED
15 years ago
14 years ago

People

(Reporter: Ani, Assigned: smontagu)

Tracking

Trunk
x86
All
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

Attachments

(4 attachments, 1 obsolete attachment)

(Reporter)

Description

15 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4.1) Gecko/20031114
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.4.1) Gecko/20031114

there are 2 mistakes in armenian ( armscii8 ) codepage:

1. 'armew' (hex = "A2") corresponds to U0587. mozilla displays U00A7.

2. 'armcomma' (hex = "AB") corresponds to U002C. mozilla displays U0587.

I am attaching a test file that demonstrates this bug. the test file was
generated using 'table 2' from http://www.freenet.am/armscii/armcs-006.html

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
look at the attached file
(Reporter)

Comment 1

15 years ago
Created attachment 138986 [details]
armscii-8 codepage test file
Assignee: general → smontagu
Component: Browser-General → Internationalization
QA Contact: general → amyy
(Assignee)

Comment 2

15 years ago
Created attachment 138992 [details]
DHTML test file

This testpage shows 4 errors. I'll correct the conversion tables from the
sources at http://www.freenet.am/armscii
(Reporter)

Updated

15 years ago
OS: Linux → All
(Reporter)

Comment 3

14 years ago
this bug is still present in Mozilla 1.7
(Reporter)

Updated

14 years ago
Summary: 2 errors in armenian (armscii8) character coding converter → 4 errors in armenian (armscii8) character coding converter

Comment 4

14 years ago
Hello Mr. Montagu, 

the DHTML test file you attached is not correct, it represents mapping from 
ARMSCII-8A to UTF-8, what we need is the mapping from ARMSCII-8 to UTF-8.
IMHO you took the $4 entries from http://www.freenet.am/armscii/xref.txt. 
Please see the description under http://www.freenet.am/armscii/ 

Best regards 
--
Vahe Khachikyan
---
(Assignee)

Updated

14 years ago
Blocks: 252144
(Assignee)

Comment 5

14 years ago
I don't understand comment 4. The codepoints in the test page correspond to $3
in  http://www.freenet.am/armscii/xref.txt: e.g. ARMENIAN CAPITAL LETTER AYB is
0xB3, not 0x80.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → ASSIGNED
Ever confirmed: true
(Assignee)

Comment 6

14 years ago
Created attachment 153726 [details]
ARMSCII-8 Mapping table

This mapping table is based on http://www.freenet.am/armscii/xref.txt
(Assignee)

Comment 7

14 years ago
Created attachment 153727 [details]
ARMSCII-8 Mapping table

This mapping table is based on http://www.freenet.am/armscii/xref.txt
(Assignee)

Updated

14 years ago
Attachment #153727 - Attachment is obsolete: true
(Assignee)

Comment 8

14 years ago
Created attachment 153729 [details] [diff] [review]
patch

The patch is generated by umaptable.c from the mapping file in the previous
attachment.
(Assignee)

Updated

14 years ago
Attachment #153729 - Flags: review?(jshin)

Comment 9

14 years ago
Hello Mr. Montagu, 
thank you for the patch  I'll try to test this today evening. I would like to
test the change against 1.7. Is it enought to apply the patch to this two files
armscii.uf,armscii.ut or should I use also an updated umaptable.c?  

About Mapping table: Comment 4 was a failure. The only thing I found  in test
files you attached is the fact that you call the 
glyph under 0xAA(ARMSCII) U+055D "ARMENIAN COMMA" but it's name is ARMENIAN
SEPARATOR. Not important at all just for sanity :-)

Best regards
--
Vahe Khachikyan
---
(Assignee)

Comment 10

14 years ago
(In reply to comment #9)
> Is it enought to apply the patch to this two files
> armscii.uf,armscii.ut or should I use also an updated umaptable.c?  

armscii.uf and armscii.ut are all you need.

> The only thing I found  in test
> files you attached is the fact that you call the 
> glyph under 0xAA(ARMSCII) U+055D "ARMENIAN COMMA" but it's name is ARMENIAN
> SEPARATOR.

For what it's worth, I used the names from
http://www.unicode.org/Public/UNIDATA/UnicodeData.txt
(Assignee)

Comment 11

14 years ago
By the way, if you are already testing, can you see if the patch affects bug
252144? Thanks.

Comment 12

14 years ago
Comment on attachment 153729 [details] [diff] [review]
patch

r=jshin
Attachment #153729 - Flags: review?(jshin) → review+

Comment 13

14 years ago
I tested the patch. 
I applied the patch ( attachment 153729 [details] [diff] [review]) against Mozilla ver 1.6 (for 1.7 I
should update my ports tree which I'll do as next). 
Mentioned patch corrects the bug 230838 (this one). 
Running the DHTML test (attachment 138992 [details]) shows following results:
 "Summary: 188 codepoint(s) passed; 0 codepoint(s) failed." everything is green:-)

Unfortunately this patch doesn't affect bug 252144. 
(Assignee)

Comment 14

14 years ago
Thanks for testing. Fix checked in.
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 14 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.