User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20040116 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7a) Gecko/20040116 I found some errors or omitions in the code for the included search-plugins. bugzilla.src has no resultItemEnd tag or searchForm. mozilla.src has no description. lxrmozilla.src has no description or resutItem's. askjeeves.src has no searchForm or browser section. google.src has no browser section or searchForm. dmoz.src has no searchform or resultItemEnd tags. None of them contain sourceid's; however, most of them were coded before the sourceid tag became standard. browserResultType is missing in a few of them as well, I know it is needed if you have a "category" result. I'm not certain that it is a needed tag if all you have is a single "result" interpret section. The missing browser sections could cause a problem as web sites change. Most of these omitions do not cause errors in the results. However I think the code in the plugins, that are included in Mozilla, should be more consistent. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: N/A
Summary: search-plugins - errors or omitions in the code. → search-plugins - errors or omissions in the code.
MASS-CHANGE: This bug report is registered in the SeaMonkey product, but has been without a comment since the inception of the SeaMonkey project. This means that it was logged against the old Mozilla suite and we cannot determine that it's still valid for the current SeaMonkey suite. Because of this, we are setting it to an UNCONFIRMED state. If you can confirm that this report still applies to current SeaMonkey 2.x nightly builds, please set it back to the NEW state along with a comment on how you reproduced it on what Build ID, or if it's an enhancement request, why it's still worth implementing and in what way. If you can confirm that the report doesn't apply to current SeaMonkey 2.x nightly builds, please set it to the appropriate RESOLVED state (WORKSFORME, INVALID, WONTFIX, or similar). If no action happens within the next few months, we move this bug report to an EXPIRED state. Query tag for this change: mass-UNCONFIRM-20090614
Status: NEW → UNCONFIRMED
MASS-CHANGE: This bug report is registered in the SeaMonkey product, but still has no comment since the inception of the SeaMonkey project 5 years ago. Because of this, we're resolving the bug as EXPIRED. If you still can reproduce the bug on SeaMonkey 2 or otherwise think it's still valid, please REOPEN it and if it is a platform or toolkit issue, move it to the according component. Query tag for this change: EXPIRED-20100420
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 8 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.