I tried to import my mail settings from Outlook 2000 (SP-3 Internet Mail Only - Security Update). It did import the 'basic' settings but it did not get it correctly.



15 years ago
10 years ago


(Reporter: bcook, Assigned: cavin)


Windows 2000

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)




15 years ago
User-Agent:       Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040113
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040113

In the Outlook version described above I have six imap over SSL (port 993)
accounts, one imap (port 143) and two pop3 accounts (port 110).  I went to
import them to this release version of mozilla 1.6, and it did import the
correct number of accounts, but it did not retain the SSL features of the
Outlook accounts.  So I tried to removed the imported Outlook accounts and see
if importing from Outlook Express ( would work any differently; It
did not.

Also upon going to remove each account I right clicked on the Account Name in
the pane on the left went to properties (not sure that the way I got here
matters but.. ) and selected each account that was imported 'incorrectly' and
went to Remove Account.  Each account was removed but I get an 'Alert' box
telling me: "Failed to remove this account" which as far as I can tell, it did
successfully remove the account.  This message came up for each account and
again afaict it did remove them successfully.

Reproducible: Always

Steps to Reproduce:
(you will previously have to had setup a few imap over ssl and pop3 accounts in
Outlook or Outlook Express)
1. Download and install moz 1.6 for windows
2. Open up Mail directly, Tools -> Import -> Settings
3. Choose from Outlook or Outlook Express
4. The accounts will be imported correctly, but will loose the SSL features that
are associated with them.
Actual Results:  
The accounts were imported but lost the SSL features that they had in the other

Expected Results:  
Mozilla should have retained the SSL features

Comment 1

15 years ago
I don't think we know that Outlook/Outlook Express has configured the accounts
to use SSL - I'll look at the code, but it wouldn't surprise me if we just
simply can't do this.
Product: MailNews → Core
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01".

This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that
bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are
highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code.

While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we
are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce
this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a
copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and
you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug
(given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more
reproduction information if you have it.

If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not
changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved.
Thank you for your help in this matter.

The latest beta releases can be obtained from:
Firefox:     http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/
Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html
Seamonkey:   http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above
comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
Product: Core → MailNews Core
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.