User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux ppc64; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20040123 Epiphany/1.1.1 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux ppc64; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20040123 Epiphany/1.1.1 My system has a Linux ppc64 kernel, but is otherwise a simple 32-bit ppc machine (i.e. a G5 running yellowdog linux). The makefile security/coreconf/Linux.mk has a large set of nested if statements that checks various architectures. This test fails to recognise ppc64 and defaults to x86. Compilation fails later when it tries to assemble x86 assembly with a powerpc assembler. Duplicating the ppc entry gives satisfactory results (as it should given that the compiler chain is 32-bit, but I suspect it will work fine on a 64-bit compiler since there is no assembly for ppc in the tree). Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. 2. 3.
take a look at "coreconfig patch 1" at bug #266123. That should fix this.
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
Forgot all about this bug. The patches in bug 266123 should fix the problem. I can't actually confirm this due to a mainboard failure on the appropriate bit of hardware, but the important parts match what I did to get things working. Marking it as FIXED.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.