I intend to do the same as in bug 232011 here for skinVersion, so if we have/want to bump skinVersion again, it's a one-liner and does work without any headaches. This time, I won't have to rename any .in files back to non-.in, and our scripts already pick up contents.rdf files with a leading * in jar.mn, so there should be no tree breakage. I also won't change the skinVersion from 1.5 to anything else in this patch, so it should have no influence in FF, TB or other projects. BTW, this is also what Firefox people want to do in bug 217410 for their own chrome.
Created attachment 142046 [details] [diff] [review] patch, moving skinVersion to use XUL preprocessor OK, here's the patch. This adds MOZILLA_SKIN_VERSION to chrome-versions.sh, reads it in configure[.in], and uses the XUL preprocessor to insert it into the contents.rdf files. This should build and work withput problems, I'm currently testing it on my machine...
Comment on attachment 142046 [details] [diff] [review] patch, moving skinVersion to use XUL preprocessor I've removed the AC_SUBST line in my tree, I won't attach a whole new patch just for removing that line, though. bsmedberg, consider the review request for the version with the AC_SUBST line.
Comment on attachment 142046 [details] [diff] [review] patch, moving skinVersion to use XUL preprocessor argh. forgot to make the jar.mn changes. obsoleting the patch and removing r?
Created attachment 142098 [details] [diff] [review] Patch v2: including jar.mn changes OK, there patch with jar.mn chagens included is here. I hope this runs correctly.
I should note that this second patch does the right thing in my build. The placeholders I checked are all correctly replaced by the version string from chrome-versions.sh
checked in. For the record, those files were changed: configure.in config/chrome-versions.sh calendar/resources/jar.mn layout/html/forms/resources/jar.mn themes/modern/jar.mn themes/classic/jar.mn themes/classic/global/mac/jar.mn themes/classic/global/win/jar.mn extensions/tasks/jar.mn extensions/inspector/jar.mn xpfe/communicator/resources/content/contents.rdf xpfe/components/download-manager/resources/mac/contents.rdf xpfe/components/download-manager/resources/win/contents.rdf xpfe/components/download-manager/resources/unix/contents.rdf xpfe/global/resources/content/contents.rdf xpfe/browser/resources/content/contents.rdf mailnews/base/resources/content/contents.rdf mailnews/mapi/resources/content/contents.rdf mailnews/extensions/mdn/resources/content/contents.rdf mailnews/extensions/smime/resources/content/contents.rdf mailnews/extensions/smoketest/resources/content/contents.rdf mailnews/extensions/mailviews/resources/content/contents.rdf calendar/resources/skin/modern/contents.rdf calendar/resources/skin/classic/contents.rdf calendar/resources/content/contents.rdf editor/ui/composer/content/contents.rdf layout/html/forms/resources/skin/contents.rdf layout/html/forms/resources/content/contents.rdf themes/modern/communicator/contents.rdf themes/modern/navigator/contents.rdf themes/modern/editor/contents.rdf themes/modern/global/contents.rdf themes/modern/messenger/contents.rdf themes/classic/communicator/contents.rdf themes/classic/navigator/contents.rdf themes/classic/editor/contents.rdf themes/classic/global/mac/contents.rdf themes/classic/global/win/contents.rdf themes/classic/messenger/contents.rdf extensions/tasks/resources/skin/modern/contents.rdf extensions/tasks/resources/skin/classic/contents.rdf extensions/tasks/resources/content/contents.rdf extensions/inspector/resources/skin/modern/contents.rdf extensions/inspector/resources/skin/classic/contents.rdf extensions/inspector/resources/content/contents.rdf extensions/transformiix/resources/buster/contents.rdf
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 15 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
I just checked in the matching changes for mozilla/mail. toolkit still needs to be changed I believe.
mscott: nice :) I guess the toolkit changes would be covered by bug 217410
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.