Last Comment Bug 235195 - Mix of Languages in status column (Download Manager)
: Mix of Languages in status column (Download Manager)
Product: SeaMonkey
Classification: Client Software
Component: Download & File Handling (show other bugs)
: Trunk
: x86 Windows 98
-- trivial (vote)
: ---
Assigned To: download
Depends on:
  Show dependency treegraph
Reported: 2004-02-22 02:28 PST by Jean-Dominique Delyon
Modified: 2005-09-27 17:48 PDT (History)
1 user (show)
See Also:
Crash Signature:
QA Whiteboard:
Iteration: ---
Points: ---


Description User image Jean-Dominique Delyon 2004-02-22 02:28:31 PST
Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; fr-FR; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040113

I had, previously, installed Mozilla 1.5 + French Language Pack.
Yesterday, I have upgraded to 1.6, US (because French Language Pack is not
available yet).
I have noticed that, in the Download Manager, the status column contains "Fini"
for files downloaded before the upgrade, and "Finished" for new downloads.
This is a small bug, but it could be very simply avoided, by storing the status
with a coded value, language-independant, and to display it in the requested
language. For instance, we could store 1 = downloading, 2 = finished ; And, when
the language pack is US, we can translate the coded value "2" into "Finished",
while translating into "Fini" when the French language pack is installed.
In this case, the whole column would be in the same language.
This is not a problem for finished files, but I suppose we could have problems
for files being downloaded (in pause mode), which could not be detected correctly.

Reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Load US Language pack, if needed,
2. Download a file. Note that the status is "Finished".
3. Change the language pack to French, for instance.
4. Download a file.

Actual Results:  
The new status is now "Fini", while the old one is still "Finished".

Expected Results:  
All the lines should have been translated to "Fini"
Comment 1 User image Gervase Markham [:gerv] 2005-09-27 01:59:35 PDT
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01".

This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that
bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are
highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code.

While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we
are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce
this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a
copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and
you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug
(given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more
reproduction information if you have it.

If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not
changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved.
Thank you for your help in this matter.

The latest beta releases can be obtained from:
Comment 2 User image Kevin Brosnan 2005-09-27 17:48:45 PDT
We don't know what fixed this worksforme

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.