User-Agent: Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007 we use an squid proxy with authentication. the connect to an IDS URL fails when a proxy is configured. access an IDS URL direct without a proxy works. the DNS decodes the IDS url correctly. http://www.gesundheitsförderung.bl.ch -> http://www.xn--gesundheitsfrderung-16b.bl.ch But the browser sends the requeset directly to the host ip. It should send the request to the proxy. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1.Configure proxy with basic authentication 2.Connect to URL http://www.gesundheitsförderung.bl.ch 3. Actual Results: connection timeout Expected Results: IDS URL connection through the proxy i tested the autoproxy and manual proxy either none works correctly.
What do you mean by "IDS" URL?
Sorry, misstyping. "IDS" should be "IDN" Internationalized Domain Names
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.