User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; WinNT4.0; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040206 Firefox/0.8 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; WinNT4.0; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040206 Firefox/0.8 I get an access violation every time I try to import messages or contacts from Outlook 2000. I've tried it with Outlook running and without - same results. Previous version of full mozilla 1.0 was successful in importing Outlook addresses (contacts) but raised "access violation" exception on importing messages (email). Completely uninstalled old mozilla 1.0, then downloaded and installed Mozilla Firebird 0.8 followed by Thunderbird 0.5 Now neither addresses nor email can be imported. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Start Thunderbird 2. Select Tools->Import... 3. Select (.) Address Books or (.) Mail 4. Click Next 5. Select Outlook (mail and address books) 6. Click Next Actual Results: Progress dialog shows progress bar that begins to move. After a minute or so I get the exception: Exception: access violation (0xc00000005), Address: 0x77f7d728 Then Thunderbird closes. Expected Results: Contacts should be imported to the Mozilla Address Book. Messages should be imported to one of the mail folders. The access violation is reported on "thunderbird.exe".
Are you trying to import address lists fro Outlook? In converting some of our employees from Outlook to TB, we have discovered that TB 0.5 can successfully import Outlook contacts IF there are no address lists in the Outlook address book. In other words, for us, TB is crashing on importation of Outlook address lists.
(In reply to comment #1) > Are you trying to import address lists fro Outlook? In converting some of our > employees from Outlook to TB, we have discovered that TB 0.5 can successfully > import Outlook contacts IF there are no address lists in the Outlook address > book. In other words, for us, TB is crashing on importation of Outlook address > lists. I am ultimately trying to convert Outlook contacts, messages, and calendar item (as much data as possible) to a form that can be imported into Ximian Evolution. A smooth transition in the test case would pave the way for future migration to Linux desktops. From what I've read, the best results have been achieved by first importing into Windows Mozilla mail client because it uses the native dll's. Unfortunately, I've had no luck. The Outlook "groups" (lists) are an extremely helpful way to organize large lists of contacts. Too bad they don't convert. I'll try removing them as you suggest, though.
Thunderbide crashes when importing at least Adress Book from Outlook (Outlook2000, WinXP pro SP1)
Component: Account Manager → MailNews: Import
Product: Thunderbird → Core
Version: unspecified → Other Branch
Calvin Webster: Could you reproduce this crash using Thunderbird 1.0?
(In reply to comment #4) > Calvin Webster: Could you reproduce this crash using Thunderbird 1.0? I finally succeeded in transferring my Outlook 2000 messages and contacts, but in a round-about way. I got around the crashes by getting rid of Outlook folders and contact groups. Messages: 1. Imported all my messages into Outlook Express 6. 2. Moved all my messages from some 57 sub-folders into the top-level inbox folder. 3. Deleted all subfolders and shutdown Outlook Express. 4. Imported into Thunderbird's inbox from Outlook Express. 5. Shutdown Thunderbird. 6. Shared the Thunderbird message store folder. 7. Mounted (smbfs) the Thunderbird message store on my Linux box. 8. Imported the messages from the single message store (inbox) file into a separate Evolution folder. 9. Shutdown, killed all Evolution processes and restarted Evolution. Contacts: This was simpler but much more tedious. I simply saved all my contacts to a temporary folder on my hard drive as vCards. Then I shared the folder and mounted it where I could get to it in Evolution. Finally, I had to import each one separately into Evolution since it doesn't offer a way to import multiple vCards, at least not the version available for RHL 9.
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.