User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040206 Firefox/0.8 Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040206 Firefox/0.8 Currently my header list references a message which no longer exists on the server generating a "Bogus sequence in UID fetch" error. The pop-up message box displays an OK button, but pressing that simply regenerates the error. It is thus not possible to fix the error without closing TBird since I can't get past the pop-up box to remove the bad header from my message list. There needs to be a way to cancel out of the error and return to the message list window so the bad item can be deleted. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Click on an item in the message list without a corresponding igem on the IMAP server. 2. Get the "bogus UID' error. 3. Rinse and repeat. Actual Results: See details above. Expected Results: Permitted me to cancel out of the dialog box and delete the offending message header from the list. UW IMAP
I can attest to this bug. With Thunderbird-1.0.2 I just moved a very large IMAP folder from "Mail_Spam" to "Mail/Spam" (i.e I renamed it [within Thunderbird] from a top-level folder to a subfolder of "Mail") and immediately Thunderbird started complaining that none of the UIDs within Mail_Spam existed anymore. Well - duh ;-) This happens with Courier-IMAP and bincimapd BTW. It seems a bit hit-n-miss. I was renaming a bunch of small "Mail_*" folders into the "Mail/" folder structure, and the Mail_Spam one was the only one affected. The rest only had 10-100 msgs each - whereas my Mail_Spam would have had 5-10K - so it may be that there's a timing issue that triggers this. As with the original poster of this bug report, I now have to CRASH thunderbird to get out of the loop. The two popups I get are: SELECT failed: No such mailbox "INBOX/Mail/Mail_Spam" The command "UID FETCH" is unsupported in this state (i.e. this was from me renaming INBOX/Mail/Mail_Spam to INBOX/Mail/Spam)
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.