I have a text file named "l'été.txt" that contains the following text: L'été est le plus beau moment de l'année. I send the message and when I get it with Mozilla or 4.7, I get the following content: L'*t* est le plus beau moment de l'ann*e You may need to way I check in the fix for bug 23109 before you can work on this one.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 19 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
I tried this test on both win32 and Mac with builds from this morning and in both cases, the attached text file was encoded with quoted-printable encoding and displayed fine on both 4.x and SeaMonkey. - rhp
I will do some more test as soon I have a build working. Maybe it has something to do with Apple single/double as my text file has some resources. It's a CodeWarrior source file.
Ahh..that explains it! Apple Double Byte attachment isn't supported yet. I have that on my current buglist: Bugzilla bug 22090 Probably need to mark this one as a duplicate. - Rich
I did some more tests: If I send a text file that has no resource fork, it works fine. If I send a text file with a resource fork, 8 bits characters get corrupted. Even if we are not supporting yet AppleSIngle/Double, we should not corrupt the data side.
Sorry, but until I can fix the mentioned bug, this is probably going to be an issue. If you think bug 22090 is that bad, then I would talk to phil about changing the milestone/priority. - rhp
That make almost impossible to send a international text document from a Mac. I wonder if we can not just temporary totally ignore resource fork and treat every file on Mac like if they have only a data fork. I am not speaking implementing resource fork support yet.
All the mac specific stuff is in one place, but some of the detection calls are stubbed out. To do what you are saying is work and I don't want to do throw away work. If this is a big issue, then we should fix the real problem. Like I said, lobby for the bug if it is that big a problem. - rhp
Let Phil and/or International folk decide if it's a big issue...
I don't have an opinion on this. I'll cc: momoi to see what he says before marking this bug verified.
Marking bug as verified. Following Jeff Ducarroz original steps, I can not reproduce the problem with the file attachment name containing 8 bit characters. I verified using today mac commercial seamonkey build 2000-091808-m18 build. My test includes sending attachment creating a text file in bbedit 5.0 with accented characters and naming the file with accent characters. Side note: found a case where the contents of the text file containing 8 bit Mac characters get encoded incorrectly. In this case, it does not matter if the file has a resource fork or not. I will log a separate bug.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.