User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7b) Gecko/20040421 MultiZilla/188.8.131.52c Build Identifier: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7b) Gecko/20040421 MultiZilla/184.108.40.206c Hello, when I first login in the morning and start Mozilla, it crashes, with Talkback coming up (I've already sent several reports using Talkback, but see no effect). After closing Talkback, the browser appears to start up normally, but it won't get a network connection. Trying to access any page just times out. After that, I close the browser normally, then restart. This time it comes up ok. Reproducible: Sometimes Steps to Reproduce: Sometimes = almost always on *this* machine, but not on another one. 1. Start the browser, 2. quit Talkback 3. close the browser, 4. start the browser again to get going Actual Results: After step 2, there is a browser that can see local files. After step 4, there is a full functional browser that can see the 'Net. Usually, if I manually close the browser and restart shortly afterwards, I am all set after step 1. Only after a longer delay when the system has swapped out/reclaimed any VM used by Mozilla this problem appears to crop up (it's annoying nonetheless). Expected Results: I expect to be able to omit steps 2-4. Sorry, I can't presently figure out how to manually start Talkback to look up the IDs.
Have you tried a clean install with a new profile (also with no extensions)?
You should be able to find the talkback ID's by launching talkback.exe which is in /path_to/mozilla/components/talkback.exe
Ok, here are some talkback ids: TB44160E TB36755X TB33463G TB32508M TB44960K TB47033W
TB44960 and others looks like: ld-linux.so.2 + 0x9305 (0x40009305) libc.so.6 + 0x1071b6 (0x404b81b6) ld-linux.so.2 + 0xbf26 (0x4000bf26) libc.so.6 + 0x107439 (0x404b8439) libc.so.6 + 0x1086e3 (0x404b96e3) ld-linux.so.2 + 0xbf26 (0x4000bf26) libc.so.6 + 0x10869e (0x404b969e) libc.so.6 + 0x108798 (0x404b9798) libc.so.6 + 0xe7238 (0x40498238) libc.so.6 + 0xe6ec3 (0x40497ec3) libc.so.6 + 0xea9af (0x4049b9af) PR_GetHostByName() pr_GetAddrInfoByNameFB() PR_GetAddrInfoByName() nsHostResolver::ThreadFunc() _pt_root() libpthread.so.0 + 0x5e51 (0x400ece51) this stack looks a bit different: http://talkback-public.mozilla.org/talkback/fastfind.jsp?search=2&type=iid&id=47033
Summary: crash on first startup, works on second → crash on first startup, works on second [@ ld-linux.so.2 ]
please try: 1) Mozilla 1.7rc2 2) without the MultiZilla extension
*** Bug 266391 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
firstname.lastname@example.org: Are you still able to reproduce this bug with Mozilla 1.7.5 or 1.8b1 or actual nightbuild?
To comment #7: Yes, I can see this sometimes with 1.7.5, too, but didn't yet try any of the others. Should be possible for me to dig out some report numbers from Talkback.
This is an automated message, with ID "auto-resolve01". This bug has had no comments for a long time. Statistically, we have found that bug reports that have not been confirmed by a second user after three months are highly unlikely to be the source of a fix to the code. While your input is very important to us, our resources are limited and so we are asking for your help in focussing our efforts. If you can still reproduce this problem in the latest version of the product (see below for how to obtain a copy) or, for feature requests, if it's not present in the latest version and you still believe we should implement it, please visit the URL of this bug (given at the top of this mail) and add a comment to that effect, giving more reproduction information if you have it. If it is not a problem any longer, you need take no action. If this bug is not changed in any way in the next two weeks, it will be automatically resolved. Thank you for your help in this matter. The latest beta releases can be obtained from: Firefox: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/ Thunderbird: http://www.mozilla.org/products/thunderbird/releases/1.5beta1.html Seamonkey: http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
This bug has been automatically resolved after a period of inactivity (see above comment). If anyone thinks this is incorrect, they should feel free to reopen it.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 12 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.